Sunday, January 01, 2023

A New Year in different circumstances.

 Goodafternoon everybody!

At first to all of you a very happy New Year, in good health and many little but oh so important smiling moments.

It was a bit strange last evening at midnight to sit on the couch and not having next to me to give a kiss to at midnight and wishing him a good New Year. I did wish him that, but in a different way, of course.

It was just a short sad moment, in most I think I am doing rather well. As I said before, there will be coming still difficult moments but that's ok.

Friday I realized it was only one month ago that Jan passed away. Somehow it seemed much longer time ago and on the other hand as if it didn;t really happened. Very confusing actually, but I suppose it is a way of coping with the fact perhaps. Tried to keep myself busy with all kind of things, or also having days I didn;t do much at all. But I will be ok and all will be fine eventually.

There was quite some fireworks at midnight, some of the bigger fireworks of the city were cancelled because there was a real hard wind blowing. So they wanted to go safe. But here in the neighbourhood there were some folks who had some real beautiful fireworks and it was nice to see it.

Today I promised myself really a day of doing nothing else that watching some films and perhaps one or two detective on tv, making myself a good dinner and start tomorrow being busy again. Later this week my best friend comes home again from her Christmas vacation, and I will be happy to see her again. She kept contacting me every few days, to "keep an eye on me"as she said, hahaha. But nothing goes over a "person-to person"chat, isn;t it?

Another perhaps more difficult day will be next Sunday, because then it will be my birthday and Jan always congratulated me with my birthday and always said with a big smile on his face: "Ha, now I will be married to a wife that is older than me.(we are from the same birthyear, but I am from the 8th of January and he is from the 29th, you see), and that for 3 whole weeks". It was just a gig between us and it will be strange not to hear that anymore I guess. 

So , best I finish now this post, before I make you all feel too sad, which isn;t my purpose, but it is nie for me to write some things down about how I feel. It is helping in all of this.

Thanks for visiting and reading and leaving your comments. It all is muh appreciated. 

Have a wonderful week.

4 comments:

Chris Allport said...

I know things will be different for you this year without Jan by your side but I know that you will keep going and that he will be in your heart always.

Take care of yourself my friend.

All my love
Chris Allport
XXX

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I hope that you new year will be a good one, Kyra, despite the sadness and thank you for your comment on my recent blog post.

My Tata's Cottage said...

Beautiful post. I am new following you as we both followed Miss Edna's Place. I am so sad she isn't blogging and can not seem to find anyone who knows anything. I hope she is simply taking a break.
Your post was a great read and I wish you much love and joy in this new year. I am back to my blog after a long delay, since we lost our son-in-law Roger on Dec 6. Life is hard and in the words of my late mother, pray harder.
I hope this new week will be a good one for you. We have snow, so much snow and more on the way. It is the cold that really rattles my aching bones. But grateful for the roof over our head and warmth inside.
Thank you for the lovely blog you have and please have a good week.

Beth Reed said...

Happy Birthday Kyra,
I hope that your birthday will be a good day. I didn't tell anyone my birthday this year, but my kids all called and wished me a Happy Birthday so it was nice thing to remember me!

My note is not too long right now, but more later. Hugs,xoxoxoxo