Saturday, December 24, 2022

Almost Christmas

 Goodafternoon everybody!

After some rather cold days we now have much better temperatures, at the moment we have around 10C and there was even spme sunshine during the day.

So I took advantage of the better weather and decided to have a litle walk this afternoon, which was a good decision. I have been busy this week with some calls and paperwork and did little jobs in the house and did cook for myslef each evening for dinner. 

I brought a Christmas bag with a few presents and also some things to eat as a little "thank you"to two friends who were just there when I needed a bit of help with some paperwork and also a listening ear. Sadly they were both struck by Covid, one of them was quite ill, but they could stay home to fight it. It was nie to be able to do a small return gesture and they were happy with it.

As long as I am keeping busy in whatever way, it is going okay with me, but then of course I see something or think about something that has to do with Jan and then a tear or ten or so are shed. Well, that still will happen at the most strange moments sometimes, so I will have to get used to it and it will get less. But now it is just a few weeks ago he passed away and then it is a normal thing.

Don't feel too sorry for me, it is how it is and I will find a way to deal with it and pick up my life and make something good of it.

I had a word from my friend Edna, who is experiencing a hard time at the moment as I feel it and she told me also she still has Covid (she did a test again and it showed she is having it), she says it just feels like having a real bad cold with shivers. I really hope she will get over it soon, it could be a little bit tricky with her because she has breathing problems. Let's all send a little prayer that it will get better soon with her.

I grabe this occasion to, again, thank all of you who left me so many kind words and thoughts, blog people are kind of special people sometimes.

Also wishing you all a Merry Christmas, and 


make the best of it.


7 comments:

Sandi said...

Merry Christmas ❄️

Hamm said...

Merry Christmas to you ^_^

Jenny Jay said...

Dear Kyra. I don't scrap anymore so I haven't visited your page for a very long time, but I called in today to see how you were going. I am so very sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself. Sending hugs from Australia. Xx

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

While this is certainly a difficult time for you and especially at Christmas, the tree and new ornament looked to be a lovely remembrance of Jan. Thank you for sharing about Edna as my attempts to contact her through cards, notes and comments on her blog have brought no responses. It was sad to read she was having a tough time. Please give her my regards if you are in contact again and thank you, also I hope that the coming new year will be good to you.

Hamm said...

Have a new good year

My Tata's Cottage said...

I see you were in touch with Edna. I am going to send her a card. I am also going to add her name to my encouragement group so they will all pray and we will be able to send her some encouragement. I am so sorry she is so ill. It hurts my heart. I am so grateful I stopped by here. I am sorry for your loss, something we are experiencing with the loss of our son-in-law in December. Life is certainly hard. I will be praying for you as well. I am going to send a little cheerful gift to Edna. I am so grateful I came over here. Thank you.

Beth Reed said...

Kyra,
I am so very happy that you were able to get some good temps and get out of the house and do a small walk. Walking does wonders for not only your body but, just being able to think about nothing or something. Just helps your mood when you need it to.

I am glad that you put up your little tree. I think that it is important to keep to our traditions. It is a good way to stay grounded and still be a part of your community of family and friends and yes, Blog people are the very best.

I have not been able to get in touch with Edna and I am soooo sorry that she has or had Covid so thank you for the update. I will send her a message and perhaps hear from her and I will let you know when or if I do.

Hugs, xxxx