Sunday, December 18, 2022

Holding on .

 Goodafternoon everybody!

You are all so nice and sweet. Thanks for that. 

We had some rather cold days here, even today it is still cold, with some temperatures below zero, or just around but at nighttime several degrees below zero, brrrrr. But... there is hope. Seems that starting next week temperatures will go up again and even could reach something like 9C at daytime.

What have I been doing this week? Well, trying to get a little bit into usual rythm again, and trying to keep busy with all kind of things. Some really necessary, like handling some paperwork and sening in forms etc, with that I am on good track. 

I treid to get out of the house almost every day, it is good to snif up some fresh air and walk a bit. Most difficult  I think is getting into good eating mode again. I am already not a "big " eater, so I have to take care of that, but...... slowly I do make myself little meals at dinnertime, and I have to keep up with that. Then there is of course some housekeeping to do(I wasn;t the best in it and now it is even less, hahaha), but every now and then I spend a short time on that. 

I have put up a little Christmas tree, because it will be Christmas, although different. My Jan loved to decorate and he would be happy that I made the room a look a little bit in Christmas mood. Last week I bought a new ormanet to hang in the tree, as kind of remembrance to Jan. I've made a photo of it so I can share it with you.



One thing I am greatful about is that on tv now there are Christmas films every day during the month. Perhaps funny that I watch them now, but most of them are not too bad and you don;t have to think a lot when watching them. I am not really in the ood for following detective series at the moment. I do watch them but not that often at the moment. 

It is still a strange situation for me. I cope rather well, I think with it, but at the most funny moments suddenly some tears appear. Like this morning. I did turn the washing machine, and when hanging it on the drying rack in the extension, I saw on the couch there lying two sweaters of Jan, which I wore a lot when at home, because they were comfy and warm. And then .... oops, I suddenly started to shed some tears. Jus for a few moments, then I was rather okay again, but those things happen every now and then. I supose I have to learn, that this might happen more in future, just every now and then. Well, it's okay. Lucky we aren;t machines and have our feelings.

Next week there are still a few administrative things to settle and still some in the new year, but not so much. Now my friend Heidi is on a little vacation and will be back around the 2nd of January. Then she will come over to help me with some paperwork, if still necessary and later will help with sorting out things from Jan, like his clothes and so on. At the moment it is still a bit too soon for me. That can wait.

Well, this is how I am going on at the moment, not much more to tell. 

I'll try to come back just before Christmas next week, okay?

Wishing you all a safe and wonderful week to come.


4 comments:

Sandi said...

It is a beautiful tree.

I am so sorry for your loss, Kyra. The Lord bless you and keep you.

Hamm said...

Hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

Dear Kyra, Your tree is beautiful and festive and the new ornament is lovely! I understand things Are difficult for you now. Especially the little things like Jan's sweaters. Those little things are what cause the tears to flow much more so than the bigger things. With me when my husband died I had to keep reminding myself that he wasn't there because I would think things like "I wonder what I should make him for supper tonight" or at the store I would pick up something I used to only buy for him and have to make myself put it back on the shelf. Little things like that. I don't know what all paper work and forms you might have to deal with in your country but here in the US they advise to keep everything for two years. I found out it's best to keep the papers for longer because some things cropped up 4 years after my husband died. I was VERY glad I had kept everything! So i say keep everything for at least 5 years to be sure. Things will get easier by and by, you will see.You will have good days and bad but gradually there will be more good days. God bless you dear Kyra :0)

Love and prayers,
Cassie

Snowy said...

My little tree is the same size as yours:) What a lovely thought to have an ornament as remembrance. And ....tears are healthy. I still have those moments, even after 8 years. Despite everything, have a lovely Christmas! And yes, take care of yourself. Eat healthy, take walks, but rest is important as well. All the best wishes
Hugs Snowy