Sunday, December 11, 2022

Goodbye to my hubby Jan

 Goodafternoon everybody!

First I want to thank agin all that left me a comment with so many kind words. It is heartwarming to know that there are still a lot of wonderful people around.

And yes, last Monday I said goodbye to my Jan.

This were the flowers I gave him on his last voyage.


texte was simple: Jan.... given with love, Kyra

This was the front of the card of the announcement




I think the foto of the flowers doesn;t do them completely justice, I think the color is a little bit different, but it gives the idea.

Texte of the card short;

"Sooner than I thought I'll have to let my buddy go"

and then the usual information.

The ceremony was held in a very small and intimate place, just enough for a real small company. I let them play some music Jan liked very much, like nr.1 Non ho l'eta from Gigliola Cinquetti, then I held a small speech, then there was played Words from the Bee Gees( he adored the Bee Gees!) en during that song they showed some lovely foto's of Jan), then my best firend spoke some words, then there was the last song Gute Nacht Freunde, from Reinhard May and then everone gathered around Jan's coffin and did a last toast as goodbye. It was really moving.

Afterwards we gathered for something to drink and talk a bit and then everybody went home.The lady who arranged all for the funeral service did a great job, she was a very nice and caring person. 

Yes, of course it was a sad day, but I had peace with it how it all was arranged.

Then this week I think I am still in a kind of "surviving mode", there are quite some things that one has to take care of, most the official paperwork and telefone calls. A lot of things are done, but in the coming weeks I will still receive letters with things to answer etc. 

It's a strange feeling I have now. I cope rather well till now(I think), I am talking a lot to his foto at the moment, not feeling too sad. Perhaps I already felt it coming when he was moved to hospital this last time. And cried my heart out the moment he passed away and perhaps that was good as it was.

Oh there will be certainly moments I suddenly will miss him terribly, and shed a little tear but that will be okay too.

There is such a sweet thing happened, which I found very moving and I would like to tell this before I really finish this post. A few days ago I did send a little app to our plunber to let him know my husband has passed away. I also (may be strange to do so but I didn;t know what to do at that moment)asked him if he knew a reliable carpenter or locksman who could help me with my front door. Suddenly I couldn't lock it with my keys. Probably caused by frost or humidity, but very akward of course.

And later that afternoon someone was ringing at the door, there he was, my plumber to bring his personal condolances, have a short chat and to fix my door! Now I close and open it with my keys without any problem(and that is a great reassurance for me). But isn;t that sweet??? I was very grateful to him.

Good, for now I will finish, certainly I could tell more things, but that will have to wait. 

I wish you all a wonderful week to come and please, stay as healthy as you can .





9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Can I do anything to help you? I didn't realize that he was so sick.
it's snowing here. just light snow. Deanne and Eddie came by a little while ago and brought me a plate of dinner. Yum Yum.
Tonight I'll watch TV and crochet. Hugs, Edna.

Anonymous said...

My friend, I wish I could be there to help you. If there is anything I can do just let me know.
Your plumber sounds like a wonderful guy. It was really nice of him to help you.
I will be sending prayers for both you and Jan. Big hugs, Edna.

Maddy said...

Beautiful flowers and it sounds like a beautiful service. A lovely send off for your husband. And what a kindhearted plumber you have!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Again, my condolences on Jan’s passing. Grief will come at various times and no I did not think it unusual when you said you talked to his photo. There are many kind and caring people like the plumber who fixed your door.

hummerdawn said...

The service sounds absolutely lovely. You sound so peaceful and relaxed. Yes, there will be a lot little "firsts" as I call them as your life goes on without Jan. But that's the happy memories keeping us going. I know there isn't much I can do but if you ever think of something I am always here to help. Hugs and Peace.
Dawn

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I am so sorry for your loss and will keep you in my prayers. This is such a hard loss and I know you miss him dearly. Take care of yourself and know that we all care about you. I came over because of your comments about our blog friend Edna. Thanks for reaching out and being such a good friend to her, too. Hugs, Diane

My Tata's Cottage said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. I send you love and prayers and gentle hugs. When I lost my mother my sister gave me all her comfy cozy pjs. I have thought all through the years that I should have someone make a quilt for me and use them. I suppose sometime I ramble on....but I always think of things I want to remember about loved ones. Again I am so very sorry and thank you in the middle of all these things with you going on and trying to get through the days you have told us about Edna and please tell her how much we miss her blogging. She is a joy in my life and I am sad that she is so ill. Many prayers for you and Edna. God bless you.

Beth Reed said...

Kyra,
The flowers and announcement were just lovely and the Flowers are gorgeous. It is a fun memory for Jan and yourself the Bee Gee's.
The service sounds so soothing. I am glad that the lady who arranged it for you showed such kindness.

I am so very glad that you have your door and lock fixed. One thing less to worry about and knowing that your secure is comforting as well. What a nice man to come and fix the lock and give condolences to you.

Hugs, Beth

Jenn said...

So sorry to hear of Jans passing. My prayers are with you