Sunday, June 05, 2022

A few photos, and quiet week I think

 Goodafternoon everybody!

I gave myself a slow start this morning(hahaha, I almost do that every morning), but really today it also completely felt like it and still I have done some things. First weather report: at the moment it is raining, a nice gently rainshower, loved by the plants in the garden, it was necessary. It isn;t that warm here, For now it is 18C, but as soon as the sun will come out again, it will warm up and we can have 20-21C. This will be I guess for whole next week, although weather reports here change quite quickly lately.

I first watched a detective this morning, having a cup of tea, later on a sandwich, busy with Muppet making a quick visit, then turned on the washing machine and by them it was time to put on the coffee, watch the news. Then I did first the preparation for our dinner, it is an easy meal, but full of goodness, I made a tray for in the oven, filled with some cut vegetables, like paprika, pumpkin, onions, small new potatoes, mushrooms, and small cut chorizo sausage. That all in a light cover of sunflower oil and well seasoned. That will go in the oven for around 20-30 minutes and ready! As dessert  we will have some cottage cheese with fresh cut diced orange. Good enough for a Sunday, don;t you think?

Friday I got a burst of energy and did some good cleaning work, like washing all high windows we have in the hallway and above some doors, It doesn't happen that often because I don;t like too much climbing up stairs, but that day I felt okay doing it, Also gave the kitchen floor a thorough cleaning, as well as the WC room. Also did some hoovering in the sitting room, Jan also did his bit with some dusting there and cleaning a small window we have there that looks into the hallway, and cleaned the Venetian blind we have on that window. 

After all that I said we did earned ourselves some rest and that it was enough for that day. But you see, every now and then such a moment and some work can be done(Pity that those burst don't occur too often with me, LOL). 

I have a few photos for you from the garden, all comes more and more into flowering, so I guess in a few weeks time there will be much more in bloom. It is nice to see it all come into life again. 

Overview from about the patio to the back.
Lilies we once got one or two from my friend Heidi, now we have a whole nuch of them,
Here one of the two mini petuni's we have, they are fantastic.
And here a small species of cleamatis(only grow around two meter high, I grow it in a large container , bought it last year I think, but this year it really starts to flower, in a beautiful color.

And here is Muppet, our visitor. It is hard to get a good photo, but you get the idea.

Tomorrow I must not forget to make a phonecall to Heidi, who is in France on holiday at the moment. It will be her birthday. And it will be nice to hear how they are doing there. I hope she gets a good part of rest and relaxing, which she needs badly.

Okay, this is about it for now, have all a wonderful week and talk to you next week.



1 comment:

hummerdawn said...

Oh your garden and flowers are really lovely. Looks like a super relaxing area to sit and relax in. And Muppet is adorable. No wonder you love him!!
Our weather is staying really cool. Still down to 2 or 3C at nights. No flowers or garden in yet. We may not bother this year as it's not really growing weather. Lots and lots of rain and very strong winds.
We have been having super storms with rain that's flooding the streets and rivers etc!! Ground so saturated that water has no where to go. Why can't we have weather that isn't drought for 2 years and then rains enough for 2 years!
But that's Mother Nature!
Happy to hear no reports of anyone being sick. Take care and stay healthy.
Dawn