Sunday, May 29, 2022

Glad I am sitting now.

 Goodafternoon everybody!

Weather isn;t fantastic, today just around 13-14C, some drops of rain, for now again sunshine. Last week it was a tiny bit better, but stilll some degrees too cold for the time of year. Never mind, next week about from wednesday temps will go up againand it looks nice.

Gosh, I am happy to sit now for a while. I had a very quiet morning, watch some detective , had a sandwich, a visit from Muppet, all great. Then around noon I had a coffee with Jan, watched the news on tv than finally put on some clothes, hahaha. Then I decided to change the duvet covers, saw that there was a lot of dust under the bed, and took the vacuum cleaner to really give it a good cleaning. When that all was ready I went into the garden to fasten a small trellis better to the garden wall. Then with Jan we filled two small hanging planters I bought yesterday. I will make a foto next week of them with the plants in it. did some more stuff in the garde and now I thought it enough for a Sunday. Lalter i still have to prepare dinner.

Jan received this week an appoinment for an endoscopy, it should be next week Thursday, but just that day there is announced a strike of the trams an busses in our city! Well, I didn;t want to bother a friend to bring us with the car and a taxi is rather expensive, so I right away called the hospital, explained the situation and asked if there was a possibility to change the appointment. Well, there was, it will be now the 23rd of June late afternoon. Okay by us, and I think it is rather quick.

What more did I do this week? Well, usual stuff, of course, but I also went out for some special shopping stuff and had to go to a specialty shop. Pity at the moment they didn;t have the things I wanted, may be I can find it in a bigger department of them another day. But.... I also did buy us an airfryer. After long thinking and deliberating with Jan, we have one now. We don;t eat a lot of fried things, but did it till now still in a simple pan with some oil.  It's okay, of course, but a little bit dangerous too and the most annoying is always to change the oil after some time and clean that pan, terrible. Now we have a simple airfryer, they say it is even healthier to prepare the fries in it, or some savory snacks or whatever. Perhaps we will try it out next week. This could be delivered home with no costs, so I didn;t have to carry the big box. It was aready delivered next day, perfect!


This is a small one, very simple one, enough for preparing for us two, or even 3 persons. Well, I am curious how it will work and taste. I saw on the web that there are already a lot of sites with recipes and tips etc. So you can gues what I will doing when I sit at the computer this week........

Okay, time to drink my chocolate, it has cooled down just enough to be drinkable.

Wishing you all a wonderful week, with lots of smiles!

2 comments:

Edna B said...

I'll be curious to find out how you like cooking with the air fryer. It's good that the hospital was able to change your appointment to a better day. Show us pictures of your garden. I'll bet you have lots of blooms now. My plants are now starting to blossom.

Deanne just sent me a text. She's getting out of work early so she'll be here soon. I think I'd best get dressed now. So, I'll chat with you again next Sunday. You have a super week, hugs, Edna B.

hummerdawn said...

Sorry your weather sounds just like ours. Today a rain warninf in effect for nearly 2 days and there will be more flooding. Our temps are terrible and I see some nights going down to 4C. That really low but we have had a big frost in June before.
Glad to see you got an air fryer. We got one about a year ago and its great and tasty. And so quick. My daughter and SIL are the cooks and they love it. Good luck and have fun with it. So much to be done with them.
We don't even have plants or a garden yet and it'll be touch and go if my daughter even does with the horrible temps and rainy season to come.
Chat next week. Take care to you and Jan.
Dawn