Sunday, May 22, 2022

A quiz where you can learn something from

 Goodafternoon everybody!

Still good weather here, although this week there was some rain, and even heavy one in the south of the country and strong wind, looking like a hurricane. But in general here we have a little bit less warmer temperatures, but still sunshine most of the time, so may be next week temperatures will let us down somewhat, and later on it will go up.

It was a quiet week, as usual, but I kind of like it that way. Still there are happening things, of course, but some of them I forget and some of them aren;t really interesting to tell, hahaha. Oh yes, kind of a shock was our anual sttlement of gas and electricity. Pffffffff, we still have some money back, but the monthly payment has gone up drastically, saying it is all due to the was in Ukrain and the sanctions we have made on Russia. Well, I believe a little bit of it, but to raise the gas that much, is kind of brutal, really. Lots of people will have trouble paying it every month. The more that costs of living has gone up a lot too, I notice it every week when I go grocerie shopping. I wonder how long the energy prices will stay at this level, because it will be almost impossible to pay. And to change the kind of heating(here we have it mostly by gas) into different ones is still very, very expensive, not to do for large part of the population. So it will be interesting to see how all this will evolve.

Well, let's put economy at the side for now, and talk about some art. We have a quiz here "2 for 12", where there is a team of two that will have to answer 12 questions about all kind of subjects. They have the possibility to search in books or on part of the web, but the time one of the two is searching it costs money. At the end, if they have twelve letters(if they did find or knew everything) they will have to make a word with them. Then a second team gets about the same sort of questions(but the the very same) and it counts who has the most money left. It is a difficult quiz but real interesting, because you learn something from it. As it was last Friday evening, one of the question was about a name of a female painter of the Renaissance.  It was about Sofonisba Anquissola. I never heard of her, but I saw some work of her during the quix and it was beautiful so I looked her up on the web and found more of her paintings. Beautiful, in my opinion.I have two links for you where you can read and look about her life and work, if you are interested.

 Sofonisba Anguissola Paintings & Artwork for Sale | Sofonisba Anguissola Art  Value Price Guide

https://www.europeana.eu/en/exhibitions/pioneers/sofonisba-anguissola#ve-anchor-intro_15078-js

 
https://www.theartstory.org/artist/anguissola-sofonisba/

I found it very interesting to learn about this artists and there are lots more women artists of that period and a bit later too, that are almost not known and made beautiful work. Here is a Dutch women panter of the Golden age, with beautiful flower paintings:

https://www.mauritshuis.nl/en/our-collection/artworks/151-vase-with-flowers/

Good I have given you something to look at, if you want to of course, but if you have a spare 5 minutes why not take a look?

Now I think i will go and prepare a little bit already for our dinner, I will make a pasta with fresh made vegetable "sauce". like dice of aubergine(egg plants), small cherry tomatoes, onions, garlic, some tomatoe puree added with a bit of the cooking water of the pasta, some other veggies I have bought already cut small, and oh yes, also some chorizo and another spicy small sausage and i think we will have a good meal, with strawberries as desert or may be soft cheese with fresh cut orange slices(I have bought some oranges and they are sweet and juicy, real yummie).

Wishing you all a wonderful week in safety and good health.

1 comment:

Edna B said...

The vase with flowers was really beautiful. I used to love to paint. I wasn't very good, but it was a lot of fun. Your supper meal sounds delicious. Any meal with pasta is a favorite of mine.

Sofonisba Anquissola was a very beautiful woman. I had never heard of her before. So thank you.

I agree with you that I hope the grocery prices start going back down soon. It's getting so very expensive to shop now. I have to keep changing my meals so that I can afford to make them.

Now I'm off to watch some TV. You have a super week my friend, hugs, Edna B.