Sunday, May 01, 2022

New plants, King's day, so a week with variation.

 Goodafternoon everybody!

The whole week we have temperatures of around 12-13C, sometimes a whee bit more when sun is shining. It is at the moment colder than it should be this time of the year, but hope never fails, may be end next week the temperatures will go up slightly. It is although very dry , I think yesterday night we had some rain, but we will have to keep an eye on the garden, and sometimes water it.

This week we had our king's day, celebration of our King's birthday, the whole family visited a town in the south of the Netherlands, Maastricht, they were lucky with the weather, it was dry and even sunny. After two years of Covid and all kind of restrictions, finally it could be celebtrated as usual. It was nice to see it on tv.  I have a photo of the Royal family for you:


From left to right: Princess Ariane, Princess Alexia, Queen Maxima, King Willem-Alexander, and eldest daughter Princess Amalia.

Tuesday Jan had to go to hospital for an echo, just control, seemed to be all okay, it was for Jan a bit of an effort, but all went well. He also had to go to blooddraw, but now it seems to be necessary to make an apointment by phone! It never was. You could always go there, take a number and wait. So often it didn;t take long waiting time. Well, at the end he could have it done, but had to wait on the ones that had an appointment(but not always were already present on time!). Bonkers. Okay, now we know for next time, but still I find it strange.

Good, in the mean time Jan was doing all that I did some shopping, came home, prepared dinner( I think I made it for two days).

Wednesday was King's Day, so I was really lazy, and didn;t do anything! Whooooo!

Thursday I went for the last grocerie shopping bit, also bought some soil and three new bigger planters. even turned on the washingmachine in between and managed to make a phonecall to Heidi. Gosh, where did I find the energy?? Now that we had three new planters, yeah, you can guess already.......... we had to have some new plants to fill them. We still are waiting for some seedlings to grow and a few summer bulbs to come, but you can ALWAYS have a few plants more, LOL! So Jan had something to do for a day or two, I almost didn;t interfere when he did the planting. The plants I bought on Friday, found some nice ones and I was in such a good shape that I even used the vacuum cleaner and.... hey, mopped the floor of the kitchen, the sitting room and the hallway. Specially the sitting room could do with a good cleaning of the floor, and it feels good to have it done.

You can imagine that during this weekend I took it easy on myself, just made a quick soup for dinner(and we took a sandwich later in the evening). Today I still have the soup and I will make us two roast chicken legs. That should be enough for the evening. Easy, peasy and also tasty.

I've made a few photos of the garden, some of the new plants, and some of oldies.But slowly we are getting some color in the garden which is nice to see.

I just love pansies, can you tell?
Here some pending small petuni"s, they bloom all summer long, if you just do some deadheading every now and then.
This is a "Choysia", I took a small cutting some years ago, and this year it is blooming for the first time. Isn;t that great?
This is the Digitalis(Foxglove) I bought last week, I hpe it will grow much taller, should reach something like 90cms.
One of he new planters with some of the newly bought plants.
And as every year our azalea is showing off, and on the right a daisy plant, also newly bought.

And some more color in the border.

Well, I hope I gave you a bit of spring feeling, and now it is time to finish. I wish you all a wonderful week, stay safe.



2 comments:

hummerdawn said...

Your flowers are looking lovely. So nice to see after the long winter. It will be a while yet before we start planting here. Still trying to snow and lots of snow around yet. And then to top it off we keep getting snow or rain storms. Lots of flooding around this past weekend. But it will soon start becoming more like spring.
Have a great week!
Dawn.

Edna B said...

Your garden is looking really pretty with all your lovely flowering plants. I love all those pansies too. Pansies and roses, two of my most favorite flowers. It's going to be such a pleasure to sit out on your patio and enjoy the beautiful blossoms. Are your little birds still coming by for their food?

I need to get to the kitchen now and make something to eat. I did not have breakfast yet this morning. So maybe I'll have a brunch. You enjoy your week my friend, big hugs, Edna B.