Sunday, April 24, 2022

All kind of things kept me busy.

 Goodafternoon everybody!

Our weather has been wonderful, pity today and coming days temperature is down for a bit(we had 18-19C, now it is around 15C). Most of it to do with a stronger wind blowing from the East and North. Nut all together we still cannot complain, it was sunny which already makes me feel better.

Touching wood when saying this, my stomach hold okay, that little pill seems to help indeed. Well, I continue for a while and make an appoinment with my doctor when the pills will be almost finished, he said to do so for evaluation. 

But there was not so good news from my friend Heidi, you know she had a respiration infection last week? Well, yesterday morning I received a whats app message from her that she has been in hospital last Thursday evening. After a CTA scan it came out she had pneumonia. She just had finished her antibiotics! It was that bad, they said, that she had to saty in hospital, so she came home that same evening late. It will take however quite some time to recover from it and regain again some energy. Lately she already wasn;t feeling that good, very tired, lacking of much energy, probably the infection was due to that for a large part and with her underlaying PAH disease that isn;t good of course. Now she just has to learn to do mostly nothing at all, which has been always something difficult to do for her LOL. I just think it will take weeks or may be even a month or two before she will be feeling comletely okay again. And cross fingers that the pneumonia will not get worse!

Was there any good news this week? Yes, nothing special but all was allright, I did some shopping, two days I was staying in, and had one day I did a lot of work in the house, I was happy wth myself abou that. Friday it was such nice weather, that I took the tram to go to the market. It has been such a long time I didn;t go there, so it was a bit a treat you could say. And yes, I did buy some plants there, not much, but I couldn't resist and I bought with the same stand I think 8 or 9 packages of seed od all different kind of flowers. The plants I bought were  1 Digitalis(pink color) and thre smaller Cosmea, in screaming purple color, like this


Nice hey? Now crossing fingers that all the seeds will become beautiful flowers too, It gave Jan some work, but that is good. It keeps his mind busy as well as his body a little bit.

The seeds I bought, if I remember well, were, Marigold(in dark orange, great), Columbine with yellow, red flower, Lupine, something called Fried Egg(isn;t that a wonderful name for a flower?)Indian Blanket flower, Wallflower and even one tomato. we still have a package with small petunias, but we will save that for next year, to sow it real early next year.

Gosh, it all of this will come up and grow well, we should have in summer and late summer a buch of flowers all around. 

I am still crocheting on the blanket, every day or two I make a few rows and I and making a pillow cover, but when i was hopping around on the web to look for some nice patterns for pillow covers, I saw soooooo much, that now I almost don't know which one to choose. I am quite sure I will try y hand on a cover with the Alpine stitch, and then I will see after that, hahaha. As long as I am busy with something it is okay with me, I guess.

I see that the sun is shining again in the garden, so may be it is time to take a cup of tea and take advantage of the sun.

Wishing you all a wonderful week, and stay safe.


3 comments:

hummerdawn said...

Oh your garden is going to be gorgeous with all those colourful flowers! Sorry to hear about your friend's illness. Pneumonia is so hard on us seniors to get rid of. Had mine most of this past winter.
We are just getting thru a "Colorado Low" as it's called. Terrible winds, cold temperatures, rain by the barrels, flooding and snow and ice pellets. It's been a horrible 6 days! And we still have so much snow left from our storms this winter. But we can't fight Mother Nature so have to live with it! Lol.
Continued good health for both you and Jan. Take care of yourselves.
Dawn

Beth Reed said...

You are going to be surrounded by so much color and fragrance that you will never want to go back inside as long as it is warm beautiful weather.
I am so very sorry to hear that Heidi that she is suffering with pneumonia. I had it in March/April and I still have not regained my energy. I stop and rest every chance i get when I feel my body telling me that I need rest even when I am only half done with a project. It took me all day to do the dishes and finally Jonathan took over and at least finished the dishes. It is not fun trying to recover from illness and I hope your friend gets well very soon.
Have a wonderful day. xoxoxo

Edna B said...

Your flowers are beautiful. I'm sure your garden is going to be quite lovely this summer. Full of all sorts of pretty flowers. I'm sorry to hear about Heidi. I do hope she is better really soon.

There are so many beautiful patterns for everything on the web. I'm going to be trying to make a sweater soon. As soon as I order the yarn for it. In between, I'm still working on my afghans.

I have an order coming soon so I need to put my laptop away. You have a super week my friend, hugs, Edna B.