Sunday, April 17, 2022

Easter with lovely weather, whoo!

 Goodafternoon everybody!

Happy and blessedEaster to you all.

It is a beautiful day here, we have sunshine, nice temperature of around 16C, it is nice, to be able to sit in the garden in the sun for a bit. It will stay this kind of weather probably all week, so we cannot complain this year about Easter weather. I can remember other years, when we had terrible and cold weather. 

Still a bit busy with the stomach, although it is getting better slowly, just every now and then it is a bit akward. But hey, as long as this little pill works quite well, I should not complain and I am NOT! 

This week Jan and I finally got out to look for a new set of couches. We first though about a corner couch, could be nice, but at the end we chose two separate ones, 2 1/2 seats, not too big, but with enough space to sit and Jan can lie down on one of them for a little nap in the evening.

We chose for a beautiful upholstery fabric in a sumptious warm red color. I think it will fit great in our sitting room and with the new curtains. It will also make the room look a bit brighter. We also chose a new coffee table(it wasn;t completely my choise but I can live with it, hahaha). Onle delivery time is aweful, it will take at least 4-5 months. I couldn;t believe it, but although on a lot of furniture websites they clain delivery times of 6-8 weeks most of them seem not to be able to do that. May be we could find a furniture shop that could deliver faster, but we found one that suites us, so we will just wait a bit longer. 

Now we just want to find us a new rug for under the coffee table, and for now I think that is enough.I will be happy when we will have the new couch, it will sit a lot better and will give us better comfort.

I told you about my friend Heidi last week, it seemed to go okay with her, but now she is having a respiratory infection and taking anti biotics at the moment. Poor soul, she isn;t having good times lately. And for her this infection strikes harder in her condition. I really hope the antivbiotics will do a good job and that she will recover real soon. 

Still busy with the two afghans I am crocheting. So no news to tell about that. One is almost ready, and when so I will take a new photo of it, okay?

Now it is time to enjoy for a moment the sunshine. My dinner is about ready, we will have big shrimps(gamba's), marinated in some oil, with of course salt, pepper, tiny bit of chili and lots of garlic. I will fry them quickly in a pan and we will have baked potatoes with it. 

Wishing you all a wonderful week, stays safe and healthy.

1 comment:

Beth Reed said...

Hwy Kyra,
I bet that you think that I have forgotten about you, but I HAVE NOT. I am sorry that it has been so long, but I have been awfully ill for the past several months.
I try to keep in touch with Miss Edna as often as I can. If we do not hear from one another, we can call each other and sort of kinda catch up that way. I really miss not being able to see her in Florida as we use to do, but maybe we can meet up together in another way.

Your couches sound just awesome with the color of red. Yes, the wait time is becoming a little more long because the company's are making them Custom Order so that they fit your needs.
My brother in law and sister found this truck load of furniture sale one day parked in a parking lot. The furniture company was selling over stocked sofas and loveseats for a great price. Much cheaper for the set than they could really believe.
My sister called me and wanted me to come spend the weekend with them and I agreed that I would. I kid you not Kyra, I think that my face was red the entire weekend from embarrassment.
First of all after I ohhed and ahhhed over the sofa and loveseat, it was really beautiful I went to unpack. Coming out of the guest bedroom to the bathroom the heel on my shoe caught on something in the carpet and I looked down and it was a string from the carpet and it pulled all the way from the guest bedroom to the bathroom. I called for my sister and her husband and he said for me to just stand still. It was totally wrapped around the heel as well. My sister had me to stand balanced on her shoulder and my brother in law returned with a pair of scissors and cut the string.
My sister was just teasing me about being at her house for less than an hour and destroying her carpet. I really was embarrassed but when all was said and done, the carpet was fine. Barely noticeable. (They have tile now.)
We went to dinner that night and my sister wore a brand new dress. We all 3 ordered the same entree and our food had just arrived and the server went to refill our tea glasses when she slipped and upended the entire pitcher of tea all over me. In my haste to push my chair back I accidently knocked my sister's tea glass over and into her lap, and all over her brand new dress. (The restaurant paid for her dress to be dry cleaned.) So I was embarrassed once again. And on Sunday afternoon we decided to watch a movie and so I sat down on the love seat. A Spring broke and it popped it's way up thru the fabric of the love seat and poked me in the Butt. I jumped up rubbing my behind and I know that my face was every shade of red. I told them that they needed to take me home before I did any more damage to their house, furnishings and clothing!
My sister told her husband that they just learned a valuable lesson on buying furniture from a road side truck sale. They had just wasted a bit of money buying the sofa and loveseat and of course no warranty.
My sister and I can laugh about it now, but at the time it was not funny at all. And they did go to a good store and had a set custom made that has held up over the past 7 or 8 years, so what started out as a comment on having to wait a little while for your sofa and loveseat, it is good that they will make it custom and I hope that you get a lot of great years with it.
I guess I should close for now. I hope that you and Jan are doing well. Hugs to you and I hope to talk with you again soon. xoxoxo