Sunday, April 10, 2022

It looks as if slowly we will have spring time

 Goodafternoon everybody!

Today we have sunshine with temperature of 11C. Not really warm yet, but much better as last week and it will be even better. In one or two days we might reach 18C, then later on it will go down again to around 14-15C. Well, I can live with that if there is enough sunshine, with sometimes a bit of rain. 

Although may be a bit early I bought us already some spring plants, that will last, if all goes well way into summer, like some petunia's, busy lizzie, etc. Good for Jan, he has to plant them somewhere, LOL.

My friend Heidi had to go to hospital in Amsterdam this week, for two days, having some tests, a heart catharisation, MRI, and all those unpleasant things, because she wasn;t feeling really well lately, they still have no real answer to it, but it might be she will have to take another medicin for her condition But that's not sure yet. She now uses Flolan for her disease(pulmonary arterial hypertension(PAH), a disease of the heart and lungs)., It seems she is one of few who still have this, there are now more and other medicins for it too. well, we will see what comes out of the research. Most important is, that she will feel not so terribly tired all the time. Nevertheless it would be smart of her to take it a bit more easy and this time she might even do that, hahaha. I know her, she always has a thousand things to do, but she has to think about herself better. we want to have her around for still many years.

She is home now already, she is feeling a little bit better, now it is waiting for answers.

I also had a telephone call with my doctor for the stomach business(it is going better, but wanted to know how long to use the extra medicin he gave me). Still have to take it till I made an appointment with him, which probably will be somewhere next week. I called him and his assistent told me he would call me back and of course I just was in a shop when he called. 

Oh, Jan and I also got our rehersal vaccination for Covid last Thursday. They had a mobile vaccination post just near our house and we could go there without appointment. So of course I took this advantage. With summer and better weather coming along Covid infections could drop, but better be protected than regretting it afterwards, don;t you think? Let's hope it will work good enough for at least half a year. I think we will have to take another vaccination by the end of the year, just like the one we have each year for the flu. As long as it helps not becoming ill, or too much at least, when catching it, I will take it.

Before making this post I was in the kitchen preaparing for our dinner, I've made us a sheperd's pie. We didn;t have that for some time and it is tasty. I still had some sald from yesterday, so this will be our dinner with some vanilla custard as desert. Simple, but good enough, don;t you think?

I am still crocheting and have photo's of the ongoing projects for you.two smaller afghans.


The color of the second one isn;t that good on this photo, I have a picture from the web, where you can see it better.

It is the one bottom right of the batch.

I still have some work to do, haha. The second one I am making with a "built -in border", it looks fine, may be I just wil make one or two rows of  single crochet stitches extra to it. don;t know that yet. For the blue one I will have to crochet a border around when finished. Hmmm, I could already look into some possibilities on the web for that. 

Okay, dear visitors, I am finished for this week. I wish you all great weather, a wonderful week, stay safe.




1 comment:

Edna B said...

I do hope Heidi is feeling much better now. Kyra, your blankets are beautiful!

I hope your stomach business is settled now. I am going to see about whether or not I need another Covid booster. Some say that folks over a certain age should definitely have the extra shot.

Take photos of your garden after Jan gets done planting all the new plants. I'll bet it's going to be beautiful once everything starts blossoming.

Now I'm off to watch Law & Order on TV. You have a fabulous week my friend, big hugs, Edna B.