Sunday, April 03, 2022

After some winterdays, here a few Spring-photo's

 Goodafternoon everybody!

Today it looks much better than last Friday. Friday afternoo it started to snow a bit, but next day there was a cover all over, and it felt cold!!! Nights were rather cold with even some frost, but that will be over next week for sure.

Still it was a jump back after that lovely weather we had before. Today the sun is shining, although really warm outside it reaches around 8 C. All the snow here disappeared and I felt so sorry for my lovely tulips. They must have had quite cold feet and there leaves too, even their heads were bent, as if they were kind of depressive, hahaha. But.... snow gone, a bit of sunshine and they are bshowing the blooms in all beauty.



Hopefully that was all the winter weather for this year. We can do with some really nice temperatures, and we want to sit in the garden, in the sunshine, having a cup of coffee and sniffing up some fresh Spring air.

The whole week again it was a little bit trying out how the stomach would act, well, one late night and about all next day it wasn't feeling great, but the other days I couldn't really complain. I still am taking one pill of the one the doctor prescribed. If all goes well today again and tomorrow, I will quite taking it(as my doctor suggested) and see if all goes well without it. if not, I can call my doctor again. Cross fingers that will not be necessary.

I was in town one afternoon and in the sale I bought Jan 3 new pair of trousers, (he really needed a few new ones, that would fit as they should). Now I only have to take the length,, put in a little safety pin and bring then to a little shop for clothes repair etc. I brought lately already 2 pair of trousers and they did a lovely job. As I have no sewing machine, I would have to do it by hand but never would get it done as good as they did. It costs a small price and I am willing to pay that. 

I was in a buying mood that afternoon, also bought a few pair of trousers, leggings, (something in between those), very comfy to wear and for a real low price in sale too. Gosh, sometimes you just find what you are looking for, hahaha.

Next thing will be to buy us a new house phone. We have our mobiles, but still can do with such a phone, connected on cable. They call it here a DECT phone, it is one a charger and you can walk around with it, if you want. The one we have at the moment is already an oldie and is playing little tricks lately. I will try to find one with some larher buttons (or do you call it keys???), which will be easier to see and touch. Yes, it is also called a Senior telephone, hahaha.

In the evenings I am still crocheting, I finished a small baby blanket, it is more a cradle blanket I think, but I am quite happy with the result. Now I am making a larger blanket in a lovely blue color, I will try to make a photo when I have done some more rows on it.


 

Oh, I see it is already late afternoon, I will have to prepare a little bit for our dinner, so I say goodbye to you, wishing you a wonderful week to come, stay safe and don;t forget a little prayer for Ukrain, because that is still horrible and getting worse and will not be over for some time.

Till next Sunday.

2 comments:

Edna B said...

Oh my! Such gorgeous tulips!! I think I would really enjoy sitting out in your garden patio and viewing all your beautiful blooms.

I agree about the shopping. Some days you find everything you need and other days, nothing. Looks like you got lucky. I would also find it much easier to let the local tailor hem the pants for me.

Kyra, your blanket is lovely. I make my baby blankets crib size. This way they can be used more. I'll send you my pattern in case you want to give it a try.

Today I have a doctor appointment. Just a check up. Can't wait to get it over with. I think I have another one later in the week. Yuk! Yuk!

Now it's time for me to start getting ready for when Deanne gets here. You have a super week my friend. Big hugs, Edna B.

hummerdawn said...

Doesn't it feel great to go and wander about shopping once again? And have the weather co-operate.
I love seeing your flowers and it keeps me going till we can get ours in. which will be a while yet. Our temps are slowly creeping up and the snow is slowly melting. Which is great as we had so much snow that a fast melt would cause a great flooding all over.
Also your crocheting is lovely. I love blue too. And purple and pink and peach. Lol.
Hope your stomach settles down again and you can get off those pills.
Both of you stay safe and well!
Dawn