Sunday, March 13, 2022

We might have real Springweather this week

 Goodafternoon everybody!

Oh my, I cannot believe the change of temperature during this week. I think yesterday it was around 14 C and looking at the weather app on my laptop it could be in the sun already 16C! That with not too much wind it really seems like we are heading to Spring time. Next week it still will be nice, might be some rain(which is welcome by now), and temperatures Tuesday on the highest of around 16-17C.

I was a happy camper this week when we got rid of a lot of not longer needed stuff of all kind. The bulky waste has been collected on Tuesday. Now we will try to have a next one, LOL.

It was all by all a quiet week, I did some housekeeping jobs, Jan is busy every now and then in the garden. I am almost ready with my baby blanket in white. Just have to tie off the yarn ends (I always have trouble with this part of crocheting, hahaha). And may be I will try my hands on a sweet crocheted applique for on the blanket to finish it off. And then is the question.... what will I make next? Probably it will be another blanket or I thought about making a baby sleeping sac, I saw a few real cute ones on the web and it is something a little bit different to make.

Next week we will have to go to vote for city council elections. Nice that the polling station is very near our house. I thik there will not be a huge number of people that will go voting, but as long as we can vote, we should use that right I think.

Strange to think we can go voting and not too far away in Europe there is a ugly war going on in the Ukraine. I fear it will be a long lasting one, with many casualties. But we have to continue our help to Ukraine, and pray there will be found some kind of solution for this situation.

Today I have a lightjob for making our dinner, yesterday I've made a pan of chicken soup, well filled and we still have more than enough for today too. So a simple meal today, I probably will give some buttered sandwiches to it and that should fill the stomach enough.

Time to make a cup of tea and perhaps find a nice pattern online for the sleeping bag.

Wishing you all a wonderful week, stay safe.

2 comments:

hummerdawn said...

So happy to hear your weather has taken a nice turn. Ours is supposed to be next week also. I am so tired of the freezing cold, snow and wind also. Seems like the world has gone crazy.
I am so sad about what it going on in Ukraine. Where I was raised we had a lot of Ukrainian families as they were some of the ones that settled our province.
It's all madness.
Nice you got rid of lots of unwanted stuff. Makes a person feel good!!
Now with nicer weather we will all feel a bit better I am guessing.
My daughter into crocheting (taught herself) very recently. She goes on internet to the videos and makes amazing stuff. It is so much faster than knitting also! I never could master crocheting but did tons of knitting in my day. Just turned 80 on March 1st!
Hugs and both of you stay well.
Dawn

Edna B said...

We're having some nice weather lately too. I even have a few green sprouts coming up from the ground. So Spring really is coming! Take a photo of your baby blanket. I'd love to see it. I work my yarn ends in as I go along so that I don't have any to go back to. It makes things easier for me.

I've started a new boy crib blanket. I'll share a photo as soon as I get a few more rows done. Between this and the two afghans, I'm busy! That pan of chicken soup sounds delicious. You enjoy your day my friend, hugs, Edna B.