Sunday, March 06, 2022

Busy with crocheting

 Goodmorning everybody.

It is still quite nice weather here, around 4-8C, we have nightfrost here and there,but at daytime temps go up and we have sunshine and blue skies. Pity the wind is from wrong direction, from East, to sometimes NE, and that makes feeling outside colder. Oh well. I just hope Spring will come soon and temperatures will go up and wind changes, and no more frost etc. etc. etc LOL.

It was a quiet week, although some small jobs have been done, also by Jan. He is a bit more energetic, even when he sleeps not all too much, but it is going towards Spring time and you can notice it with him. He really doesn;t like wintertime, it kind of gets to him somewhat.

We had a nice break in the week on Wednesday. In the afternoon we had visit from Heidi and Séverine and it was good to see them again and have a some small chat and a laugh. 

I also did manage to fill a big plastic bag/sac with old things like clothes we don;t wear anympre, or are just not good enough anymore, I have now again some more room in the wardroom, although there is still a lot of stuff in it that we have to get rid off. 

Happy to have had another day of more energy, and took advantage of that in cleaning bathroom)it is a very small one, but still....)and the kitchen floor and a quick dusting through the bedroom. Also did a little bit of grocerie shopping, and happy to have some good cheese again. There is a lot of difference in taste between cheese from the supermarket(although they have a few that are not bad) and a real cheese shop. And you know what? There isn;t even so much difference in price. Yeah, Of course you can get cheaper but you can notice the difference very well.

Also made an appointment for picking up some bulky trash( Jan cleaned out the small shed) and we have some more things that just take in place and we don;t use it anymore or it doesn't work anymore. It will be picked up on Tuesday, and I will be happy when it is gone. Then on to the next cleaning out stuff. 

And I am still crocheting and even have a few photos, finally.

First is a blanket, you might call it a sampler blanket, I just have to finish the border and weave in some ends.



 I will try to make another when all is ready, and then of the whole blanket. It is quite big.

And I am also busy on a baby blanket, it has a nice stitch, I have it from Sirin's crochet(she has written patterns but also a lot of you tube tutorials, which is sometimes very handy. The stitch doesn;t work very quick, but I don't mind. It seems not warm, perhaps, but made of soft yarn, it feels quite thick and soft and warm.

And I also made a few hotos in the garden, one is of the greenhouse where Jan has some seedlings in and two of pots where we have tulip bulbs and they have grown a lot and some already have a start of flower bud. All due to the mild winter we had.




Well, this is about all for this week. I do want to ask you to have a little prayer every now and then for the Ukrain people, who are having a very bad time now and it probably will get worse. 

I wish you all a wonderful week, in safety and good health.

 



1 comment:

Edna B said...

Definitely sending prayers for the Ukrain people. I don't understand what Russia's problem is and why they have to do this. I just hope it ends quickly.
Your blankets are lovely. You are learning so many new stitches. Are these blankets for your sofa? They are going to look awesome. My new yarn order came the other day so now I'm working on two aghans. Both are blue and green. One is light colors and one is dark colors. I'll take photos when I get a bit more done on them.
I thought my cold was going away but my nose seems to run all day now. I'll be glad when Spring and warmer temps get here.
I enjoy seeing the plants in your yard too. It must be warmer there because none of our plants are even thinking about coming up out of the ground yet. Pretty soon. Now I'm off to post on my blog. You have a super day my friend, hugs, Edna B.