Sunday, February 20, 2022

There was a bad storm this week

 Goodafternoon everybody!

Today it is raining and with strong wind at times, temperatures are quite good all the time, today is around 10C. Last Friday we had a very very bad storm going on, it was at times 9-10 Beaufort(meaning windfalls with a 140 km p.h) and that is really bad here. There was a lot of damage done by it, even e or 4 people dead , roofs blown off, lots of big trees down, just snapped, etc. Saturday it was a lot better, although still with periods of strong wind.

It will stay a bit like this next week, wind will be a bit milder so to say, although still strength of 6-7, some rain, not the best weather to have.

It was all by all a rather quiet week, I finally made a few necessary phonecalls , now I am waiting on just one annual statement of a pension I receive, which is necessary for the tax stuff. Most of the stuff I can get online, but as I still(I am hopeless) don;t have a new printer, I cannot print them out and I find it a bit akward to ask my neighbour if I can use his printer. I know he doesn;t mind for a few prints, but if I can avoid it, it is better. So next thing on my to do list should be going out for a printer. I wonder how long it will take to actually go to the shop. Can do it online, but I want to see the thing and want to be able to ask a few questions about it.

I am rather busy with looking on the web for new crochet stitches and I am having a ball, hahaha. Best sometimes is looking on Pinterest, gosh you can find sooooooo much there. Pity sometimes the explanation of the stitches is only with a You tube tutorial, I like to have the written one, although it helps to to watch the tutorial on video. My sampler blanket is progressing, slowly, but steady. I'll try to make a photo of the part I have done so far.

Jan is busy with his seedlings. Some of them are growing already like mad, soon they will be strong enough to be places in that greenhouse. But this week he had to do a small DIY job in the kitchen. I have there a small rack on which hand a few kitchen utensils, but one day one end got losse from the wall, so it had to be screwed in again. Not just like that, no, first he had to fill up the hole that was there, do it twice, then wait till it was hard, then drill a new hole slowly, put in a plug then the rack then screw it  and pray it will hold. It took some time but it is hanging again, so hopefully it will hold for a good time again. It sounds as if it is a job of nothing, probably is, but if you are not really too handy, it takes more time. Most important is, that he succeeded, pffffff!.

Oh, nice news from Séverine this week, she passed her theory exam for her driving license. That's already something. Now the other part, to finally have that driver license. 

This week we will be lmost free from all measures for Covid, there are still a few when there will be events of more than 500 people, and we still have to wear masks in the public transport and aeroplanes for a while. But it will be nice to be able to go shopping without a mask on etc. Let's hope there will not be a big rise of infections as result, or at least not that bad that hospitals will get a lot of patients with Covid again. The virus is mutating constantly, so we will see how all will go during this year. I stay a bit careful, certainly don;t want that Jan catches it.

Okay, I think my washing machine almost is ready with the laundry, the I want to prepare a little bit for dinner this evening, also want to look around for more crochet stitches, hahaha, and of course work some more on my blanket.

This morning we had again a visit from Muppet, almost every day she comes in the morning, I give her a a small handful of snack nibbles, and mostly she comes into the sitting room and stays there till noon or even a bit later. She likes to lay on the couch, and sleeping or dreaming about a cat dreamland.

Good, I wish you all a lovely week, stay safe, please.

1 comment:

Edna B said...

I am so glad to hear that Muppet is still coming round to visit. I know what you mean about looking around for more crochet stitches. I enjoy it too. I can't wait to see the new blanket you are working on.
Things are easing up here too about the virus. Hopefully, folks will be thoughtful, and things will be back to normal soon.
Congratulations to Severine for passing the exam for her license. This is a big time in every young person's life.
Now I'm off to make some breakfast. Take care of yourself and Jan, and you have a super day my friend, big hugs, Edna B.