Monday, February 14, 2022

And here I am, on a different day!

 Goodafternoon everybody!

we have today more or less nice weather, there is too much wind, but temperatures is around 9C and there is even some sunshine. Later this week it might go raining more, but ...... as long as there is no snow and frost, we can survive it. 

This week I had quite a shocking message concerning my friend Edna. she was taken to hospital with a heartfailure. Gosh, that really wasn't good news, but I am happy to say, she is home again and has to rest, of course, a lot and take real good care of herself. But.... she did make a post today on her blog.

 Today is Valentine's day, a happy day for many people, for me it is kind of double. It is the passing away date of my mother, many years ago and on her funeral service I mentioned in the speech, that if she had to go, this was a beautiful day to choose and I was sure her husband was waiting for her at the gate. So long ago already, but I still miss her at times.

For the rest of the week we spent time watching some of the Olympics, most of course when there were Dutch competitors. They did win several gold and silver medals, most in the speedskating, but also one bronze one in skeleton and that was the first medal for The Netherlands in that sport. Now isn;t that something great? 

Then I spent quite some time on the laptop, searching for a nice pattern for a new blanket in crochet, and I found some interesting stiches that I can use. So I started a new blanket, in colors turqoise, yellow and lilac. So very soft colorscheme, but so far it looks nice. With the new stitch (and may be I pop in a few rows here and there with a different stitch, so that it will become a kind of sampler blanket) I will be busy for a bit of time.

Oh, gosh I see it is already time to make dinner, I was not in a speed mood today and then it seems if time goes faster than ever, hahaha.

Sorry for the shorter post, but there isn;t really much more to tell, that is worthwhile,  Take care of yourself, and stay safe.

2 comments:

hummerdawn said...

Sorry to hear about your friend Edna but happy to hear she is okay. I had a few attacks before I finally had to have a quad heart bypass.
We are having a miserable winter here. Freezing cold temps, sometimes close to -50C with wind chill, lots of snow and lots of winds. And it's still coming. Only positive thing is we are staying in because of Covid so it's not much more to put up with anyhow. These 2 factors are causing lots of people to be down in the dumps.
Hope your weather stays nice and we must just think SPRING! Lol. Hugs.
Dawn

Edna B said...

Happy Valentines Day to you too, my friend. The colors for your new blanket sound really nice. I can't wait to see a photo of it. As for the Olympics, I mostly just watch the ice skating pairs. They skate so beautifully.

I'm going back beneath my blanket now for a while and get warmed up. You take care of you and have a super day, big hugs, Edna B.