Sunday, January 30, 2022

We had a guest overnight

 Goodafternoon everybody!

Ourweather today is almost springlike. It isn;t so warm, although 8C isn;t really bad for now, but we have some sunshine, very little wind, but later this week temperatures may go down a bit, still now frost expected. It is quite different from Greece and Turkey at the moment, for example!

Yesterday was Jan's birthday and I tried to make him a nice dinner. There were a few phonecalls and cards so it was not a bad day and it just was a nice day. I had a started with a few marinaded gamba's, oh, they really were yummie. Then I had smoked salmon on toast with a two slices of hardboiled egg on it  and a few thin slices of cucumber . And I made a potatoe-rootbeet-salt hering. That tasted real good too. Lots of people don;t like our hering, it is raw fish layed into salt, but we love it. Also good just like this with some diced onions, and on a sandwich or bun too. As dessert I had some strawberries with a thick cream. Later on in the evening we had our coffee with a small piece of sweet pastry.

We have some left overs from yesterday, so we will have that for dinner today, easy peasy for me, hahahaha.

I told you already that the "lease"cat Muppet visits us again , but yesterday night, already late, at about 00.30 a.m. I sudden;y saw her standing at our kitchendoor. That was a bit strange, what to do. Well, with the still rather cold nights I cannot let her stay outside, so we let her in. Perhaps she would go after a few miniutes, but less was true, she didn;t want to go outside anymore.. She stayed with us all night and also all morning today. I had not much food for her, just a few cat-snacks, I gave her that, she really wanted something to eat. I suppose, but it is just an idea, that her owner may be was out, may be just the evening, or perhaps a whole weekend? As now the lockdown is easier, you can go to a pub or restaurant or theatre till 10.00 p.m. evening, but still it was strange she came so late to us. We'll see what will happen this evening or night.

I didn;t have a good night sleep last night, because I had a bit stomach trouble, and it happens a bit too often lately. I think it is time I make an appointment with my doctor and may be they will have to make an endoscopie again in hospital. The last one was 3 or may be even 4 years ago. At that time the doctor there said that may be they would contact me after around 3 years to make a new one, just to have a good look. But with all that corona stuff, lots of not directly necessary help is persponed. So I guess sme with me. But if the stomack (most is the upcoming acid, despite my medicin for it)bothers now too often it is probably time to go to the doctor.  I always need some time to finally call my doctor for something(not for Jan, then I am very decisive, but for myself, pffffff).

We'll just see what happens next week.

For the rest we cannot complain, it is a quiet life at the moment, soon there will be garden work needed, if the weather stays as good. I think Jan will start sowing some seeds, and it is good for him, to have something to keep him busy. Our nieghbour gave Jan a small greenhouse, a very simple one, but good enough. I found a picture of it


Simple but good enough. And it is rather big, so Jan can start sowing a lot of seeds, LOL.

And I made a picature(two in fact) of my last finished project, a crocheted blanket. It was a simple pattern stitch but nice and it works quite fast.


And at the moment I am making another blanket, but in a lilac yarn, in a waffle stich. I will still nedd this week I think to finish it. May be even two, when I've decided which border I will make on it. So suddenly I am gone from knitting and on to crochet. As long as my hands keep busy, specially when watching tv, it is okay. What I will do with the blankets? No idea, LOL. May be a gift here or there or I will donate it to a charity of some kind.

Good, that's about all for today, time to sit down on the couch, crochet a bit and watch probable some tv.

I wish you all a wonderful week, safe, not too cold or too warm weather,


2 comments:

Edna B said...

I guess you will need to keep some kitty food on hand now for Muffin. I'm glad he comes to you. I want to make a belated Happy Birthday wish for Jan. Kyra, your blanket is beautiful. What a pretty color! I'll be curious to see what color your next blanket will be. Jan is going to really enjoy that greenhouse. I enjoyed mine when I had it set up. Now I'm going to watch a bit of TV and crochet for a while. You have a super day my friend, big hugs, Edna B.

hummerdawn said...

Happy belated birthday Jan! Sounds like you had a yummy dinner! We are under a storm watch right now. Lots of snow coming. We have had over 100cm already-a record so far. And terrible cold polar winds with temps near -50C. So this hasn't been a great winter and after the drought it was to be expected.
Super greenhouse! I always wanted one but never room for any!
My daughter does all kind of crafts (I live with her) and her crochet is just beautiful. She goes on utube and gets all these different patterns.
Wishing you and Jan a happy February.
Dawn