Sunday, January 23, 2022

No nice weather, but less lockdown to come.

 Goodafternoon everybody!

It is today around 7C, sounds not bad, but it feels not good, it is cloudy and it is real nippy. No, winter is definately not my season, speaking about the weather.

Well, it was so nice last week to see shops open again and that we could shop again. There is still a lot closed under lockdown, still horeca and culture sectors are having a difficult time. But may be next week there could come a little relief, we hope and perhaps soon they can open up again. Once we should learn to live with covid and you cannot hold all soceity in a lockdown for ever.

We had again a quiet week, where not too mch happened. I know, it is boring to read my blog, but life has changed a bit the last couple of years. In the coming week or two I will try to have a few quotations from several companies for the removal of the ivy. It is growing on some spots like mad and we are not longer able to do that. It is taking too much energy and also it would be a bit dangerous climbing on stairs etc. I fear it will cost us some serious money, but it needs to be done. Perhaps it will not be necessary to dig it all out of the ground(that would be a real costly work), but it would be already great if they could remove the most of it above ground and also remove two small, but dead trees that are covered with the ivy too. I would be so happy if already the most of it would be gone and then we can prune or cut it ourselves again a bit. And may be it would be a good idea to have then a kind of contract that someone can come once or twice a year to do the trick. I have no idea how much that will cost, so again work for me to do in the next few weeks. 

And also in the next few weeks it will be time to collect bit by bit the forms needed for the tax return. Yes, it's a thing that returns every year again, and is not the favourite jb of mine, although it isn;t too much work. And I am happy every year again that I have an accountant that does all the rest of the work for me. 

Some day last week we were watching some program on tv and saw something amazing art. Probably there are more artists dojng about the same thing but this one is really good. It is a Nigerian artist who makes portraits with only a blue bic pen as tool And it is really amazing with what result. His name is Oskar Okonu and I think his work is real special.

I will give you a link where you can see some of his work. Take a moment to click the link, you will see something beautiful.

 https://www.boredpanda.com/realistic-drawing-blue-ballpoint-pen-oscar-ukonu/?utm_source=nl.pinterest&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=organic

Nothing more left than wishing you a real fantastic week to come, and stay safe.

2 comments:

Edna B said...

I agree, this artist does do amazing artwork with the pen. I hope the ivy gets taken care of soon. I think it's great that things are beginning to open up again. As long as folks wear their masks when necessary, we should all be okay.

I'm slowly getting back to my crocheting. I miss it but I have to be in the mood for it. I may try working on a cardigan. We'll see. What are you working on? Show us a photo, please. Thank you.

Now I'm off to watch a bit of TV. You have a super week my friend, big hugs, Edna B.

hummerdawn said...

I am glad you aren't getting our -44C with wind chill temps. It's been an awful cold late Dec and so far most of January. But as each day goes by we seem to get more climatized to it!!
I looked into that gentleman's drawings and they are incredible. Such tiny detail. Thank you for sharing.
we are still in some lockdown but it isn't as bad as at the beginning. I fear we will be with it the rest of our lives like the flu and such.
Hope you two continue to look after yourselves.
Dawn