Sunday, January 16, 2022

Some light in the tunnel

 Goodafternoon everybody!

Our weather is dull, grey, around 5-7C, it is dry, but that's all. May be in the next days we will get some more sun.

Fairly good news. We are out of the hard lockdown. A lot of things are open again, like all shops, with some restrictions, but still..... okay. Schools open, high schools and universities too, people can go sporting again or training, but hard thing it is for the culture and horeaca sector. They are still closed and I think that now slowly nobody understands it anymore, and just wants to go as soon as possible back to more or less normal life. Infections are still rising, but still there is not real pressure on the hospitals, much less people have to go to hospital and that is already something. 

Séverine(daughter of my friend) is having lots of trouble of her booster. Sche had it last Sunday but had a lot of pain and it lasted so she called the doctor and he gave her some painkillers. I asked her how it was now, it was a bit better, but if it lingers on too long I think she ought to ask for some test or so. 

We have had regular visits of Muppet again, mostly in the morning, when I get up and go into the kitchen to make a cup of tea, shce is standing at the door, looking inside to see if somebody is there to let her in, LOL. Well, of course I let her in, then she receives some yummie snacks, just s little bit, and then she stays often with me till 12.00 or 1.00 a.m. 

It is all very quiet arpund here, with that lockdown there wasn;t much to do, I could just go for grocerie shopping and that's was it. So may be next week I will pick a day to look around in town centre, to see what is new. There are some small things I like to get, so it will be a good excuse.

Pity that the tram stop real near our house(just have to cross the street) has been eliminated byt the company. Seems there was not enough traffic at this stop. I don't know about that, but it is a pity, now we will have to take a longer walk to the next stop. They say they will see how it works during the year, and then make an evaluation of it. Hmmmmm, I have the feeling the stop will not come back anymore.

I am back in the knitting again, I am making larger blocks in different stitchesand I hope to make a smaller afghan/blanket with it. It would be kind of a sampler afghan. It is nice to have something to do with my hands during the evenings, when watching tv. It also keeps me more awake, at least a bit longer, hahahaha.

did I mention we finally have a new goverment? It is formed of about the same political parties as the one before, so what news to expect? I don;t know, they will have to prove themselves and work very, very hard, to gain again some confidence from the people. We now have 20 ministers and 9 state-secretaries. Pfffff, that's one thing they already did, to make more posts for ministers. There are some new faces between them, from some of them the people might have still some good expectations, but we will see what future will bring. 

And now I think I will make a cup of tea and do a little game on the computer. The dinner is already ready, I just will have to warm it up in the oven. Yesterday I made us some "Kaiserschmarrn"a kind of pancake in Austrian style. It was real yummie and for sure to make again after some time.(as you see I put a link on it, so you can see what it is exactly and they have a nice recipe there). Try it, I am sure you will like it! You can have it as lunch or dinner and if you don;t want to use the rum, you can soak the raising also in some orange juice.

Have a wonderful week and stay safe.


1 comment:

Edna B said...

Sorry to hear that Severine has such troubles with the shots. It's good that Muppet comes around to visit. A cat is very good company. Enjoy your shopping now that the stores are opening up again. I don't think I'll be going shopping in the stores until after the warm temps get back here. It will be something to look forward to.
It's cold here, so in a few minutes, I'm going to climb back under my blanket and watch TV. You have a super day my friend, big hugs, Edna B.