Sunday, January 09, 2022

And again a year older!

 Goodafternoon everybody!

Our weather is not too bad. Yesterday it rained almost all dy, but today it is mostly dry with even some sunshine and temperature around 7C. It will stay more or less this the whole week, with not much wind. 

Yesterday ws my birthday and I reached the age of 69. Pfffff, it is going fast towards the 70's. It was a quiet day, I had some birthday phonecalls, and I opened my birthdaygift from Edna and found in the package a lovely pocketwrap she made in a scrumptious soft yellow color. I just love it.

Last Thursday Jan and i went for our boostershot. The travel with the tram and bus was easier than I though and the bu stopped real near the location, so that was a good thing for Jan. There was a queue but it wenT all rather fast and we didnlt have to wait long. We couldn;t chose the vaccin, pity, the first two vaccins we had from Pfizer, so I would like to have the booster too from Pfizer, but we gott it from Moderna. Not a big deal, those two seem to go well together. I had no trouble from the vaccination and I am so happy we finally have it both. Now it is waiting till government decides we can go out of the hard lockdown. One day it has to happen, it is actually unbearable, specially for the trade, shopkeepers etc. I think we just have to learn to live with the covid, perhaps have a vaccination each year and just treat it as a severe flu or so. Life has to go back to normal again.

On Friday Jan and I did remove all the Christmasvdecorations, it took us a few hours, but we managed to do it all in the afternoon. It always looks a bit empty the first day, but once used to it again, it is good too. 

After a long time of no visits of Muppet she suddenly came by on Thursday morning. She stayed a couple of hours and today she also payed us a short visit. It is nice that she comes along every now and then. she looks well, so she is taken good care of, I think. I just have the impression Muppet looks sometimes for a bit of company. well, she can have that with us, LOL.

At the moment I am not knitting anything, but my hands like to stay busy during watching tv. So I will look around on the web may be for some charities that can use some afghans or blankets. That gives me something to do and it could help a little bit.

That will be my task next week, among the usual things of housekeeping and grocerie shopping. 

Time to watch a bit of tv(there is speedskating and you know I like it) and then later have dinner and may do a little game on the computer after dinner. we'll see.

I wish you all a wonderful week, stay safe.


3 comments:

Edna B said...

Happy Birthday Kyra. I'm glad you like the pocket wrap. It's awesome that you both have your booster shots. I agree, we'll probably have to get a shot every year and just live with the virus.

Hopefully, Spring won't take too long to get here and bring us warmer temps. I can't wait to be able to sit out on the porch and watch the birds.

It shouldn't take vere long for you to find another knitting project. There are so many beautiful patterns on the web. I'll be interested to see which one you choose.

Now I'm off to the kitchen for a cup of coffee and some breakfast. You have an awesome day my friend, hugs, Edna B.

Beth Reed said...

Happy Late Birthday Kyra!

I am so sorry that I haven't emailed you my friend, my life has been so upside down I haven't even kept up with my blog but now is a New Year so I plan to type something every day even if it is something little.

I wrote you a whole paragraph and it disappeared so it will probably show up after I post this lol. I basically wished you a pleasant birthday and say that I still have Miss Edna's Christmas box ready to mail but I have had trouble getting to the post office to mail it. I am going to try again on Monday to get there.

News is really short but now that I found your blog again, I will be reading! Hugs!
Please stay safe and well xoxoxo Beth

hummerdawn said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Wishing you lots of peace and happiness in your new birth year!
We just keep getting -40C to nearly -50C or more temps. It's depressing. But this week it is supposed to moderate so looking forward to it.
Take care.