Sunday, January 02, 2022

First post in 2022

 Goodafternoon everybody!

Of course to all of you a Happy New Year! 

How did you celebrate it? Here it was real quiet everywhere, because of the lockdown, although I think here and there people broke a bit the rules. Well, perhaps not always the most sensible thing to do, but very understandable. 

Jan and I had it very quiet. I made some yummie snacks for the evening, brought a few to our neighbour and watched some lovely tv. On New years day Jan and I looked into all the presents of the Christmasbox of my oversea friend Edna and it was great. We had such lovely presents and it was a good start for the New Year. (The box just arrived after Christmas, but never mind, we just did Christmas a week later again).

Just after Christmas I tried my luck on the phone for the booster and how wonderful, I just had to ring once, wait a real short time and could make an appointment for both of us. Pity that at the location the most near we only could have one end January, or even begin February. That was a too long wiat I though, but lucky thay had opened another big location, takes a longer trip, but okay, I will be happy when we have the booster. It will be on Thursday, the 6th of January. Hopefully there will not be a too long waiting queue. 

Today we will have just one day of really lazy behaviour, I have a simple dinner, not much work, but good enough, later in the evening we will still have a bit of left overs from New Years snacks, so I guess we will not starve LOL.

Tomorrow the "normal"behaviour should start again, with some laundry to do, some cleaning and such. Most important for us this week is getting the booster, and we should fill in a question list today or tomorrow to take with us to the vaccination. 

Time now to have a small sandwich or something like it, perhaps a cup of tea( I could take a tea with cranberry and apple taste my friend sent me in the box, I think this is a good idea!

Have a wonderful week.

3 comments:

hummerdawn said...

Happy New Year. We had a very quiet New Year mostly because I have an abscessed tooth since Christmas Eve and the antibiotics not working very quickly! It is very painful. Will see the dentist when healed.
Happy to hear you got the booster shot lined up finally. Our Covid numbers are going through the roof again. More lockdowns I think.
Wishing you and Jan much, peace, joy and happiness in 2022.

Edna B said...

I'm so glad you have the appointment for the booster shot. I opened my box on New Year's day too. What fun! Today I have my pocket wrap on. I have caught a bit of a cold. Ugh! I finished reading my book. Thank you. I enjoyed it. Now I'm starting a new afghan. I think I'll make a few hat sets for our service members too. I guess we know what I'll be doing all year long! hahaha. Now I'm going to have a hot cup of cocoa and lie down. You enjoy your day my frien, big hugs, Edna B.

Beth Reed said...

Hi,
I am so glad that you and Jan had a nice New Years. Ours was nice. My son Jonathan and I watched some tv and my daughter Karyn brought us enough food to feed a army lol. She is a great cook. (Just Like Her Mama.) lol. Actually, she is a much better cook than I am these days. I don't cook as often as I use too. I enjoy eating others cooking these days. hahaha.

I am getting back into my blog and am being more active so I will be seeing you my sweet friend. Lots of HUGS. xoxoxo