Sunday, December 26, 2021

Late post because of Christmas

 Goodevening everybody!

How was your Christmas? Surely quiet and probably not with a lot of people around. For sure here not, because of the lockdown. But nevertheless Jan and I had a quiet, but wonderful Christmas. I was only sad to know, that my friend overseas didn;t yet receive her Christmasbox. And I didn't yet receive the one she sent me. I don;t know what is wrong with the post nowadays, i really did sent it really early, already in the last week of November. So I hope it still will show up next week at it's destination.

Apart from this it was a lovely Christmas, really relaxed and nice. I made us a geat dinner for Christmasday, which didn;t took very much time, several things I could make in advance a bit, so there was no stress whatever finishing the last bits. The menu was: 

Duck breast fillet, with some orange juice and a few slices of mandarins freid in the juice and fat of the duckbreasts, haricots verts(French thin green beans) and Hasselback potatoes with a bit of garlic butter over it. 

All succeeded well and it was very tasty and as dessert we had some tiramisu. 

During the day and also evening we watched several wonderful shows and films, we had a great time I can say. 

For today I made it a bit easier for myself so we had a potatoesalad with slices of smoked salmon, and as dessert I made apples, filled with raisins and some sugar, and butter, from the oven dressed with a bit of butter/orange juice with a few thin cut orange peels and some whipped cream and some ice at the side. Pffffff, it was quite a meal but so yummie!

Now Jan is taking a little nap, so I have time to make this small post, later we will have a good cup of coffee and watch some tv, we have a lot recorded, so more than enough to fill the evening.

It is cold here at the moment, well, it was the last few days, this morning we had -3C here, but temperatures will go up again next week and you can belive it or not, we might reach around 13-14C during daytime and nights might have 7C, which is really high for this time of the year. 

Let's see how next week will go, I hope to receive soon a letter to make an appointment for the booster shot( but I am not too hopefull, and if it will show, I hope I can make that appointment by phone or if not otherwise, try it online. Much trouble all the time to get through by phone and even online at times. ) 

Fridaynight will already be the change of Old Year to New Year. 

I think I will make us a soup for dinner and then later on the evening some yummie snacks. You all take care and stayf safe and i wish you awonderful New Year's Eve. Till next year😊

2 comments:

Edna B said...

I hope you get your appointments and your booster shots soon. These viruses are flying around like crazy. Deanne tested positive a couple days ago. So far, no one else in her house is positive.

As for the packages, I guess we just have to wait. Hopefully, they will get to their destinations. I think it's sad the way the mails are. I just can't blame it all on Covid.

Do you have plans for the new year? Right now I'm just going to finish any 2021 crochet projects that aren't finished. Then I can start new ones for the new year.

I just hope that the New Year is super good to you and Jan. Big hugs, Edna B.

hummerdawn said...

Sounds like you had a beautiful Christmas. We had our Christmas dinner yesterday to accommodate the young ones visiting with the other families. Turkey, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, gravy, buns, carrots, stuffing and lots of baked goodies for dessert. We had a great Christmas. Now it's time to get ready for 2022 and hoping it will end with a different scenario than this year!
Wishing you and Jan a peaceful, joyful, healthy New Year.