Sunday, December 19, 2021

Christmas week should be a happy one.

 Goodafternoon everybody.

It is grey, not so cold, with some drops of rain here and there. Temperature at the moment is around 7C. And best there is almost no wind. But later this week it will get somewhat colder, here on the coast perhaps we will reach at night some little frost(0 or -1 or so) and daytime will not very high, may be 3-4C. It is not my fab=vourite weather but if could have been worse.

It was a quiet week and at the same time busy. I tried to do some grocerie shopping every day, to get me all I wanted/need for Christmas. I almost have it all, which is great. I also had to get a prescription for some of Jan;s medicins from the family doctor. I went there myself, it is onlt two minutes from our house, to explain all to his secretary. well, i think all is settled now. Once the pharmacy has the prescription they can do there thing. I just have to keep an eye on the stock here and see that the repeat service is on time. But it will be must less strssfull, I hope.

Mupeet showed uup again, she comes every now and then for a visit and sometimes spents a few hours on my lap or with me in the kitchen. I don;t give her food anymore(well, sometimes a little scrap of meat or cheese every now and then as a treat, LOL), but in the evenings it seems she is home. It is nice to have her around every now and then.

Bad news is that from today on our country is again in a hard lockdown, so almost everything is closed(very hard times for shopowners and small businesses and horeca, also thaters and musicians)), only supermarkets and other food stores like baker, etc. are open till 8 in the evening and of course pharmacies and such. It is so sad that it is necessary, still because of Covid. There seems to be a new variant, that spreads twice a fast(which is about all they know about it now) and government has taken this decision, to be sure hospitals still can cope.

I am ashamed to say that our The Nehterlands are way behind in giving the booster vaccination, so they are nnow trying to speed it up as fast as they can, but to make an appointment for it by phone is almost impossible at the moment, lines are too occupied. So they ask to do it online, but also that gives much trouble. So now they say people of above 60 will also get very soon a letter of invitation, but if it is as last time, you still have to call(in cases you want to go with your partner at the same time). Well, I hope Jan and I will have our booster before the end of January! I will try next week every now and then to call( I hate it to make an appointment online in this case), may be I get lucky. They could have started this booster vaccination already much earlier, and I don;t understand why they didn;t and why they don't use the help of everybody who is volunteering to give vaccinations, like family doctors. They could do that at their practice, which would be easier to go for a lot of people. No, they want those doctors to first have a class on location and there are waitinglist for that of several weeks. Can you understand that?????? I don't!  I can get very upset and angry about those kind of things. All could be going so much more easier and fluently and for all faster! 

Gosh it already is late, I almost have to make our dinner. Well, I only have to boil some patatoes, the rest is ready, has to be warmed up only. Do you all are almost ready for Christmas? It il be again for a lot of people a strange Christmas, like we had already last year too and I hope next year we will all be able to celebrate Christmas the old fashioned way again(meaning if you want to, you can have company, cleberate it with family or friends, just as we did in better times).

So next time I will post it already will be Boxing day, so I think I shall wish you already now a Merry Christmas, in good health and safety. Till next Sunday.




2 comments:

hummerdawn said...

Merry Christmas to you and Jan!!

Edna B said...

How did I miss this post? Gosh, I am so bad! I love your picture with Santa. Well, tonight is the night! I'm sorry that my package has not arrived. I tried to track it and the post office tried too. We could only track it as far as New York. It looks like you and I will be celebrating another Christmas when the package finally gets there. Meanwhile, I want to wish you and Jan a most wonderful, Merry Christmas. Big hugs, Edna B.