Sunday, November 14, 2021

We are back into kind of lockdown!

 Goodafternoon everybody!

Our weather isn;t really bad, not too good either, hahaha. Temperatures are around 11C, they will drop a bit in the next few days, but they say that later this week we will reach around 13C again and also night temperatures will go up a little bit. How wonderful. Now it is sometimes a little bit of sun, some rain, periods of clouds and grey looking. 

It was bad news on a press conference last Friday. Government (it is a caretaker government already for a long time, after election there still isn;t formed a new government, how terrible is that?????)decided that infections of covid are going too fast, so restrictions are here. No public at sport events, cafe. restaurants have to close at 20.00p.m., all not essential shops to close at 18.00 p.m., essential ones(like supermarkets) at 20.00 p.m. Masks in transport and in shops and lots of facilities, theaters, cinema's can have to 1250 persons, but have to be seated. To enter cafe, restaurants, you need a qr code that you are vaccinated or recovered from covid. If possible people has to work from home, on colleges and universities also restricted of numbers in roomsso all together is isn't funny at all. It will last for 3 weeks, and they hope that infections will go down. Most of the people that are hospitalized are people that didn;t have a vaccination, for all kind of reasons, and numbers are to fast growing, also a bit on IC. And hospitals are very busy already for a very long time and have to go on also with giving "normal"care to lots of people. I have my doubts, if these neasures will have a really big effect, but for now we are back to past times again. Porbably soon(we have a government that likes the words "perhaps"and "probably"and "if all goes as planned") they will start with a booster shot vaccination. In speed I know of our government we people of our age, around 68-70 years, might get one soonest in January, but as well might be March. 

It isn;t good news, we all know covid is still around and making life difficult, but very best thing to do is getting vaccinated, and now it looks as if the bigger part of population, that is vaccinated, is suffering under the not-vaccinated. I respect ones opinion an freedon of acting etc. but just sometimes this has to give way to public health of a country. Difficult decision, but benefit of all has to prevale sometimes I think.

Whatever this partial lockdown will bring, it is effecting everybody and it takes away a lot of the fun of life and it is taking a too long time now. I fear we will have to deal with it still for perhaps another  6 months or even a year. Let's hope I am far too pessimistic.

Apart from this we had a quiet week, with every day a long visit of Muppet the cat. Most of the times she spends the later evenings and nights with us. And in the morning(mostly a bit too early, hahaha) she comes walking to my face on the bed(yes, she sleeps most of the time at the footend, terrible hey) and tips softly with her paw on my nose, like saying: "hey, I was very quiet, now I am a bit hungry, could you give me something?"And well, afer a while I get up( it is then around 8.00 or 8.30 a.m.) and give her something to eat. One day she wants to go out after her breakfast, m=but other days she comes into the living room and jumps on the couch, snuggles herself agains me and takes another few hours of sleep. Life of a cat is pretty good, don;t you say?

Good , I will have to go into the kitchen to prepare a bit for out dinner. I will make a pie filled with ricotta, salmon and spinach. I never made it before so it is exciting to do and I am curious to taste it. I think it will taste rather good. It isn't too much work, also because I use ready made dough, which is at times very handy. 

Wishing you all a wonderful week, and remember, be careful and stay safe!

2 comments:

hummerdawn said...

So sorry to hear that you are under a lockdown again. I have been hearing the numbers are starting to go up again in Canada also. It's a very sad time and I am with you. Is it ever going to end? It would be nice if it could be controlled like the yearly flu thing.
We just had a big storm of snow but the temps are going to be up and down, rain, snow, wind and everything in between! But I am thankful I have a roof over my head to shelter me.
Take care and for sure be safe!!

Edna B said...

I love that Muppet still comes back to stay with you. she sounds like a wonderful kitty cat. I agree about folks getting the shot. Even if they don't want it, they should think of the greater risk to all people. We're having that problem here again too. I guess folks get careless when restrictions are lifted. Now more cases of Covid are popping up. I'll be glad when this is all over and behind us.

Our trees are losing their leaves rather quickly now, and temps are much cooler. Gosh, I hate to see winter coming so soon because it is cold and lasts so long. I think I'd rather have late spring and early autumn year round.

Today I think I'll start a new afghan. With all these new babies being born, I'll be needing them. You have a super day my friend, big hugs, Edna B.