Sunday, November 21, 2021

How soon it is almost December!!!

 Goodafternoon everybody!

Our weather is still not bad for time of the year, today we even have some sun, but temperatures get stuck at around 10-11 C. Next week it will get a bit colder, also at night, daytime could be not more than ca. 6C, brrr. It looks as if we are heading to wintertemperatures, May be it will not go that fast and perhaps it will not freeze too much. Best is, not having snow and ice, cold isnt great either, but the slippery kind of winter on the streets I really hate.

Last week was again quiet, although filled with little jobs done, which always feels good. Jan and I di go for our flu shot last Wednesday and this time I didn;t have much bother of it. Just a day that the spot was a bit painful, that's all. On that Wednesday my friend Heidi had an operation on some veins, some spots in there had to be lasered so her blood and Flolan(her medicin) could pass without trouble. She told me it didnt take all that long but was rather painful, seems the surgeon had trouble finding a good spot to enter a vain. Poor girl. let's hope all went well. Now she has to take some rest but also needs to walk regularly, even if it hurts the first days. (they entered a vain from one of her legs). Next week she has an appointment with her lungdoctor in Amsterdam hospital, to talk it through and see if they can do something about her feeling so tired. Could be her ration of Flolan has to be raised a bit, and of course she has to cut down on some activities. That she knows well, but it is hard to do. However, she will have to do so.

I think I will try to get a Christmasbox send away next week, I first have to make the forms on the computer for the customs, so that will take some attention to do it all as needed, but I realize that next week is the last whole week of November already! Soon Jan and I will have to start decorating a bit our room for Christmas. I think I will try not to do as much as other years, still a tree and the manger will be there and some smaller decorations of course. It will be funny to see how Muppet will react on the tree and the Christmasballs. I think she will find it very interesting and it could be rather streesing for us LOL! We'll see and I will let you know. One thing I said to Jan already about the tree. Wel wil tie the tree on one or two spots to something, so that it will not fall(just in case Muppet gets really excited and should jump into the tree, you'll never know).

Good, that's it for this week, not much but nice to be able to say we are more or less okay, no disturbing things happened, and that's already wonderful to write. We still have that partial lockdown going on. We will have that for 2 weeks more and who knows what will be decided then. It is a difficult situation and I believe in many countries. No, that Covid isn't a nice thing. But we will survive it somehow, we just have to believe that.

In the mean time I wish you a lovely week to come, and stay safe.

1 comment:

Edna B said...

Wow, the end of November really snuck up quickly! I've been taking my time with my wrapping but now I must get serious about it. I think time moves a bit too quickly for me. I'm glad you got your flu shot. I got mine a while ago too.
It sounds like Muppet is enjoying herself with you. I'll bet she's wonderful company. Maybe in the Spring I'll think about getting a cat or another dog. Right now I keep busy with my crocheting. With all the new babies coming, I'll need to make a few girlie afghans. Yup, they are all girls. I'll have to make a couple boyish afghans too for just in case.
Now I'm off to watch TV. You have a super day my friend, hugs, Edna B.