Sunday, November 07, 2021

A week with some results, whoooo!

 Goodafternoon everybody!

It isn;t too bad, our weather, of course it is autumn like, but not so wet, even periods sunshine, after today the wind should calm down again and we have temperatures around 11-12 C.

Even the garden is a little bit upset by the weather I think, there are even a few roses trying to bloom, we have also a Cosmea, which is still blooming as if it was summer. Still you see the garden comes to an end, such a pity. But all will be fine again next spring, we hope. we see some tits coming back, saw one or two robins, and of course the parakeets come as usual.

It was a week without big surprises(oh, I still love to write that, because "surprises"here are often not the best things LOL). I went out shopping on all places, some for groceries, but also found some Christmas presents, I am almost ready with that. Need one or two times to get me all. Jan found himself in rather good mood and washed the windows inside from the living room, the back and front). May be not sounding too exciting or much work, but for him it is, he did it in two days, otherwise it was too big an impact on his condition. Never mind, he was happy to be able to do it and accomplished something.

Best thing i can do is going out when he is doing jobs, otherwise he has no peace, neither have I, because I keep an eye on him all the time I know, I should not, but hey, that's in my system. So I was out and he could do his thing.

I was happy to hear, my little package arrived in the USA, and even on time. For me it was about the best news of the week. After all the trouble I went through to get that accomplished, it was nice to know all went well. And I know now how it works, so it will work a bit quicker for next package, a Christmas box. 

Had a phonecall with my friend Heidi, always nice and there is alsways some laugh too, but pity she wasn;t feeling too well. She had a very soar throat, (she tested, no Covid), but very unpleasant, so she got some antibiotics from her doctor. It was several days ago, so I hope she is feeling better now, I will call her perhaps tomorrow. We have a kind of agreement, not to call in the weekend, unless there is something really wrong. 

My back is still not really okay, so I think it might be an idea to call my doctor next week, to see if he can do something about it. It isn't really hurting too much, not all the time, just with certain movements, but it is very annoying. I need to be in as good as can be physical shape, and I cannot do all I need to with that back paying tricks with me. Hopefully next week i can tell you it has gone and all works again fine, hahaha.

I gave myself a kick in the butt yesterday and started wrapping some Christmas presents. Once you start it is okay, still it takes more time than you think. But I am happy I did it and I did almost all. Now just the last ones I need to find and I can send away the box real early, better too early arriving than otherwise. 

Time to spend a little bit of time in the kitchen, I have stewed pears to make to have as dessert. Yesterday I made a big pan of soup, and there is enough for today, so it is an easy cooking day, how nice.

Wishing you all a wonderful week, stay safe.

1 comment:

Edna B said...

I have just a few little roses blooming. It's getting too cold for them now. Your package arrived right on time. I loved every bit of it! Thank you. I need to kick myself to get the wrapping started. I think about it but then I don't do it.
It's good that Jan still does little things around the house and garden. It will help to keep him young. And healthy.
Sorry to hear that your friend Heidi isn't feeling so well. There are a lot of colds going around here too. I guess it's part of the changing seasons. Now I'm going to the kitchen and rustle up some lunch. You have a super week my friend, big hugs, Edna B.