Monday, November 01, 2021

Strictly come Dancing is on and I do like it.

 Goodafternoon everybody!

Our weather isn;t all the best, during weekend lots of rain and wind, today it has been dry with even sunshine, but strong wind, so that mkes it not very nice to be outside(wind makes it colder). This weeks the temperatures will go down a bit more, it might be no more than 10-12C, here and there a rainshower. Yes, it is autumn and winter is slowly coming more to our area.

Last week I didn;t do a lot, because I still had my back playing games with me. Somehow I think I strained perhaps a muscle or so, it is bothering me, so I have to be careful in moving. It will go away finally(I hope) but for now I am a little bit handicapt. Glad Jan is there to lift things like laundry basket, or other things when needed.

Last monday we had a visit from Jan;s brother, nice for him, it breaks up the daily routine. And I was happy too, I could ask him about some thing on my smartphone(he is rather handy with those techinal things) and now my mail is synchronised with the one of my laptop, whoopee, so that works. Also the app for the post works now, and I am proud of myself, because I managed to get me a postage label and custom form for a birthday package(for some countries you need to make that online and pay in advance, and you cannot fill in a form at the poostoffice anymore), I payed it with my bank app(oh how exciting to try this out for the first time and scary too) and all worked and at the postoffice they could scan the label from my phone and now I hope it will arrive (and if possible on time).

But it was a good experience, for next time it will be easier to do.

Yesterday I first had a longer sleep in the morning and then I needed to be in the kitchen to finish all stuff for dinner. I started it already on Saturday, I made a kind of Indonesian kind of food, with two sorts of meat(one stew of beef in a tasty sauce and also chicken in peanut sauce. Tp that I made noodles with stuff in it and also fried rice and some green beans in a specail sauce. so all took some time and I wanted it to be all ready, so I only had to warm it up in the oven at dinner time. In between i also watched some speedskating. The saeson for it started with the Duch Championchip. You know by now that I love watching it, so the day was so filled up I had no peace and quiet to make a blogpost(and in the evenig I try to stay away from computering). So here I am for a change nce on a Monday. 

Oh, Saturday evening there was again Stricktly come Dancing on the BBC(it started already several weeks ago), this time they had a special Halloween one. I just love how every time again the costumes turn out and the the make-up. Amazing and that together with the scene setting it was a pleasure to watch. Halloween celebration is becoming more and more populair in Holland too, although it isn't yet as big as in America. I like it as long as it isn;t made too scary or bloody. 

Soon, just in about a month we will have to start decorating our house for Christmas again! I wonder if we will end up this year with a lot of broken Christmas balls, because I dont know how the visit-cat, Muppet, will react on the Christmas tree LOL. I am sure it will be quite an experience for her as well for us. First however I will have to finish the Christmas shopping, I think I have almost all, then the wrapping starts and package sending(and I will do that as soon as I can, they say there is some delay in sending and for sure that will be the case with Christmas).

Okay, now time to do some bloghopping and internet hopping, I have more time today because we have left overs from yesterday, will taste even better I think. I did some grocerie shpping too today, and Jan was nice to me and vacuum cleaned the house. 

I wish you all a wonderful week, stay safe and healthy.

3 comments:

hummerdawn said...

Sorry to hear your back is acting up. Hopefully it will heal itself quickly. We are finally getting our cold weather also but just a few flurries so far. It was very windy and cold for Halloween. I have had my 2 Covid shots and the flu shot so I am now prepared for winter. Where I will be on my computer scrapbooking! Lol.
Take care and be safe. It's still out there that virus I mean!!

Grandma Sarge said...

Take good care of the back. It's a pretty important thing for walking and some dancing (lol haha).

I'm on 24 hr Nurse care now, that's if they can find enough Nurses for the night shift. They get paid pretty well but there is shortage of personal. They must have all the shots or they can't work for the company that is doing my care. a lot of nurses don't want the shot for fear of problem getting the COVID anyway. I've had all of my shots and Flu shot in case it's different then the COVID like some people say.

Time to get busy with my end of month paperwork. Have a good week and favor the back.

Hugs & Prayers!

Edna B said...

Sorry to hear about the back pain. Hopefully it will be gone soon. I got to watch some of the ice skating here on TV. As usual, it was beautiful. Halloween is a fun time. I love seeing all the costumes.
You are so far ahead of me with the phone stuff. I only do text messages, calls, email and photos on my phone. Congrats to you!
Gosh, in just a couple weeks, we'll be putting up our Christmas tree! Where has the year gone? You take of you, big hugs, Edna B.