Sunday, August 22, 2021

We might be kind of in between cat-siitting family, LOL

 Goodafternoon everybody!

Yes, I am late, today, although I didnlt sleep that long. But I took it easy in the morning, slow start, then did some organizing with bills, bank account forms etc, all nice and as it should in their binders. Then I made a short stop in the garden, removed some weeds, cut off most of the leaves of the tomato plants( so they can ripe well, because they are starting to have color, but are not good to pick yet), dead headed some flowers.

It was nice just after we had some rainshowers, some of them quite heavy, but they didn;t last too long. And with a little bit of sunshine peeping around the clouds, it suddenly felt real nice in the garden for a moment.

The weather here is more or less a bit unpredictable, one day cloudy, with temps of just 19C, another day there is sunshine and some rain, a real rollercoaster type of weather. Could you call that real summerweather?? I don;t think so, but perhaps we will have those temperatures till far into autumn, who knows.

The visiting cat still is visiting us, and as the title of the blog already said, we feel like a baby sitter family or something. Yesterday night I saw him sitting outside too and just at that moment it was raining very hard, so we tried to let him have a dry spot in the house, but after a little sniffing around it seemed he wanted to go outside again So we let him go, he can find some small dry spots near our kitchen and he did sit there. So it is our idea he has a proper house, but the people perhaps work at day and let him out in the morning, or may be they work in shofts, so at night too. or he might have a cat door in his house and just likes to go around. But he is often to find in our garden near the kitchen door, on a little cabinet we have there. It is a rather dry and sheltered spot, so I put a small blanket for him there and he seems to like it. Well, we will keep an eye on him also when the weather will get worse and colder.

This week passed by rather quiet, although I even had almost two days with some extra energy, so I took advantage of that, cleaned some windows, cleaned some furniture, Jan did go through our stash of videotapes and dvd's, Not we only have a few left, the rest is in a box to put outside with a lot of other stuff we are gathering for the bulky waste collection service one day soon. It really is amazing to see how much stuff a person can collect over the years and has trouble parting with it, LOL.

This evening I will be frying two pieces of codfish, every now and then we like having some fish for dinner. Healthy it is too, and it makes a change. Just a few boiled potatoes to go with it and probably some green beans. Simple but still tasty I think.

I think I will go watching some tv, perhaps knit along during the watching and then soon it will be time to make that dinner.

Wishing you all a wonderful week, in safety.

2 comments:

Edna B said...

I agree, you may have a new kitty friend to watch over and care for. That's how we got our house cat. He came by looking for food and a warm place to get out of the bad weather.

Today we are dealing with Henri (storm). So far, there has been some rain and a bit of wind. Of course, it is still early. Hopefully, the storm will fall apart and disappear.

Meanwhile I have a new baby blanket to make. The one I was working on bit the big one. I ordered a new brace for my wrist. I crochet a lot and I'm hoping the brace will help.

Now I'm off to watch a bit of TV. You have a wonderful week my friend. Big hugs, Edna B.

hummerdawn said...

Well, we had some unfortunate happening yesterday morning. Our sweet cat, Daisy, was found dead on the floor. She was only 3 years old and not sick as far as we knew. We don't know what happened. We called around to see what an autopsy would cost and found out it was $700.00 Cad. So that was out of the question. She was the runt of the litter, so sweet and calm and always would come to me to get her scratching and petting. I was not much of a cat lover but her death really got to me. I live with my daughter, her partner and my grandson and this was my grandson's cat basically. It's hard when you don't know what exactly caused it but will have to just know she's in Rainbow Heaven now.
Our weather continues to be crazy also and we finally are getting the rain we so badly needed. Get this---we hardly had any rain for over a year and then on day we broke the record since records were kept for the most rain in one day! But the forest fires will sure benefit from it.
Have a great week.
Dawn.