Sunday, August 29, 2021

Today looks and feels like autumn

 Goodafternoon everybody!

yes, today is a dull day, cloudy, windy, sometimes a bit of rain, temperature around just 17C, it almost feels like a day in autumn. It should be somewhat better tomorrow, but the whole week we will not reach much more as top 21C. We could do with just a whee bit better weather, it still is August, but doesn;t really looks like it. May be we will have an excellent and warm fall, who knows?

It was a quiet week, although I went here and about to get us some things for a near by projec. we will do it in slow pace, but it has to be done. Firdt will be to paint the outisde of the garden doors,  the paint is starting to bladder here and there, so it will need a light sanding, perhaps a ground cover and then the paint. It isn't a very big project, can be done in may be two days(with drying etc). Every day a couple of hours may be. Jan can do a part, I have more in mind for the inside of the house. Some doors could do with a new coat of paint, so that will be a longer time needed. So I went to buy us some paint, some rollers and paint brushes, masking tape, all such things.

I really have no idea how long it will take, I just do a bit each time, take a few days rest in between, then a next small part and so on. Where are the times I had more than enouh energy to do those bigger jobs in a day or two three in a row???? But slowly and secure does the trick too, so hopefully before winter it will be done. Cross my fingers.

I did arrange some drawers in the kitchen and some re-arranging in the grocgerie stock room, all looks better again. So I am not completely lazy, there are things done LOL. 

Also some garden work done, mostly a bit of pruning, weed control, dead-heading, trying to keep it look still good. Oh, we have started to harvest a bit of our tiny cherry tomatoes, pity there is not much sun to let them ripe quicker, but all together we will have a nice small crop. Jan tasted one or two and says they do taste really good. Well, they should, after the long wait, hahaha.

Had a long telephone call with my friend Heidi, she missed a little bit her daughter who was on a short vacation trip with some girl friends. They were in a holiday cottage and lucky for them just had some good weather days. Séverine had a great time with those girls, made several small trips(all here in the Netherlands), they did cook once or twice themselves, of course also had some take away meals or something like it, it was a trip of four days. I am glad she had a good time, she had a bit of a tough year, so some fun and laughter and relax time was a good thing.

Okay, not much more there is, so better i finish my post, may be do some blog reading or web surfing and then prepare dinner.

Wishing you all a wonderful week, stay safe.

1 comment:

Edna B said...

You've been a busy bee! I agree, take your time and the projects will all get done. How wonderful that Severine had a super vacation with her friends. I just visited with Joe for a little while. He's feeling better. They found a blood clot in his groin and he is on meds to break it up so that they can remove his appendix.

He cooked a ham with green peppers and just gave me some. Yum, Yum! Today's temperatures are soooo comfortable! It's a great day to do some crocheting. hahaha. I just want to get these wraps finished so that I can start another baby crib blanket.

I used to have the energy like you, but not so anymore. I'm glad to see that Jan is still able to putter around a bit. It's good for him. Enjoy the nice days while you can. Autumn will be here soon enough. You have a wonderful week my friend, big hugs, Edna B.