Sunday, August 15, 2021

Our sparrows are happy.

 Goodafternoon everybody.

We are having probably the last lovely day with around 23C, next week they expect a few days of much lower temperatures. like 17-18C with rain etc. May be next weekend it will get better again. 

It was a much better week this time, recovered on sleep, so a bit more energy was there. Between the usual things we had twice a pop-in visit of our neighbor. He is having vacation and is doing some DIY jobs. We could help him with some small tools and when returning them I invited him for a drink. It was nice to have someone on visit, specially for Jan it is good, while he doesn;t get out much and this way he speaks someone else. Our neighbor is a nice guy, sometimes we don't see eachother for longer time and then a few times a week. (We also take parcels from the post for him when he isnt at home).

Our birds specially the sparros, are very happy at the moment. I bought them a new type of birdseed container The old one was also good, but that one was always attacked and emptied almost by the crows and that costs a lot of birdseed.

Now I have this one and it is a pleasure to see the sparrows hope in and out, and make a lot of noise, hahaha.

During the week we had several visits of the neighboring cat, one day I was in the room in the morning watching some tv and suddenly saw something moving. You guessed right, it was the cat, looking around in the room. Well, I like him, but it is better he doesn;t come into the house, so I gently removed him.

Friday I seemed to be quite filled with some energy, so I changed the bedsheets, but also cleaned the whole bedroom, taking of the dust with a moist tissue of all that was in the room, removed a few small spider or dust webs in corners, and then went through with the vacuum cleaner. I felt quite happy with myself, LOL. Even did some gardening also, so it was a well spent day.

Yesterday I bought me a clematis plant, I was on the search for a long time for a new clematis, but couldn;t find it. Now I found one, even with discount, but this one was still looking good. So I will put it in a big container, together with something that will give some shadow on the roots, and we will try growing it near our sitting area. It's a clematis from the "So many purple flowers" it will grow not higher than about 3 mtr. and will grow not too wide either. I foud a picture of it on the web, I think it is the one I have, it has not so big flowers, but many smaller ones. Looks real nice.

I hope that tis one will survive, our other two clematis plants are completely disappeared. I think Jan pruned them too hard, and may be the roots drowned a bit when there was a period of much rain. Oh well, it is nice to have something new too.

Okay, time for me to finish now, my laundry is ready, so I have to hang it out to dry and then I will go to the garden to first remove a bad growing rose from the container and then plant in that the clematis. 

Wishing you all a wonderful week, stay safe, 





3 comments:

Edna B said...

Oh wow, I love your new bird feeder! I think maybe your kitty cat is wanting you to be its new friend. That's how we got our Blackie a few years ago. He came looking for food and finally a warm place to get in out of the cold. He decided he liked it here so he stayed with us. One of the dwarfs looks after him. We enjoy having him here.

Your new Clematis plant is going to be gorgeous. That blue color is so pretty. I'll be looking for photos of its blooms once it starts growing. How wonderful that Jan gets to chat with the neighbor. It makes his day brighter. I don't mingle with my neighbors, but then I have a house full of dwarfs to mingle with. hahaha.

Now I'm off to make some breakfast and a cup of coffee. You have a super week my friend, big hugs, Edna B.

hummerdawn said...

I so wish I could send you some of our horrible heat! Right now with humidex it is 40C. This is too much. Have to hide in the house!!
I love clematises. I tried growing one once and it failed horribly. Lol.
I also love morning glories so that is what the clematis reminds me of.
Happy to hear you had a good week. Take care and stay safe.

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for your lovely blog. It has been such a long time since my last visit. It is good to hear you and Jan are doing OK.
I just read on one of the earlier ones that it will be your Anniversary this month, so I would like to wish you both a very Happy Anniversary.
Best Wishes and Please stay safe...