Sunday, August 08, 2021

A week of mostly trying to have some sleep recovery.

 Goodafternoon everybody!

Our weather still is a bit strange, it isn;t cold, but not summery temperatures either, here and there some rain, today it is very windy. I just returned from some work in the garden. Small jobs, like a bit of pruning or deadheading , a few plants needed repotting and that was about all.

This week hasnt been very busy, but not too good either. It had to do with Jan. soemhwere Tuesday he started to have some nasty pain in the belley, more or less as he had a few times before, but not as bad as then. You can imahine that Tuesday night he didnt get much sleep, but I neither. The pain didn;t become worse, thank God for that, and even Wednesday evening it became less. That was something to be happy about. So not yet need to call a doctor(and you just see, our doctor just was on vacation!), the only thing was that the stool didn;t work all too well and certainly with Jan we have to be careful with it. It still isn;t on "normal"behaviour, it's coming difficult and rather slow. Let's see how today will go, I hope better, because otherwise I don;t know what to do.(Jan isnt very much for calling in doctors if not really necessary, you know him). Now you  can understand a bit about the post title. Almost not sleeping Tuesday night, the Wednesday was a day of trying to get some sleep, sitting around and feeling tired. And even the day after I didn't feel still great, although much better after some recovery sleep. 

I planned to do some things this week, but as very often, they didnlt work out. Why don;t I learn from the past? I just know, that making plans isnt such a good thing for me, often it just works out very differently. Never mind that, I am for now glad that it wasn't necessary to call for doctor. Let's hope it only will go better with his stool and so in one or two days.

In between we did see some of the Olympics and I am very proud of our athletes, they did extremely well this time, they have 36 medals, which is amazing for such a small country as we are. And there were some of the medals that came as a surprise, because of amazing performances. So a deep bow for our sporters and for all of the participants. 

I made it easy for myself yesterday for dinner. I've made a big pan of soup and there is more than enough for today too. So a big bowl of soup, with perhaps a sandwich with dairy butter on it on the side will do perfectly well today too. And if we might feel a bit hungry later on we always can take a sandwich with a tasty topping. 

I hope you are all doing well, and I wish you a very lovely week to come and stay safe.

2 comments:

Edna B said...

Oh my, I'm sorry to hear that Jan has been having some problems. Hopefully, it will straighten out soon and he will be better. I know how you feel about not getting enough good sleep. Hopefully, now you can sleep better.
I don't like having to call the doctor either, but if I'm really sick, I'll make the call. This week, take it really easy. Rest a lot and let your body feel good again. The housework will wait a few days for you. I have not been watching the olympics because I'm ashamed at how some of the athletes have been behaving. It's the same with sports on TV. I'm ashamed of how badly many of these athletes have been behaving so I just don't watch anymore.
I'm so glad your country's athletes are doing so well. I'm getting hungry now so I'm off to the kitchen to make something to eat. You have a wonderful week my friend, and take good care of yourself. Big hugs, Edna B.

Snowy said...

Hi Kyra,
Just had a look at at that Krita program.Never heard of it before , but doesn't seem bad. Looks like it's mainly for digital painting and animation.
Don't think it's something for me . I have enough with my Photoshop, Paint Shop pro and Poser programs.
I don't spend as much time on the computer anymore.
Hope Jan will be better soon.
And I'm glad I'm not the only one with no red tomatoes yet, they are all still green and small. The weather isn't ideal for them this summer.
I'm high on paint funds today , but the door frames needed some white paint.It makes the room instantly look brighter.
I think I follow Edna's example now and go into the kitchen to make myself a sandwich.
Hugs Snowy 😊