Sunday, July 11, 2021

New curtains, net curtains, blinds, all in short sight.

 Goodafternoon everybody.

Weather report: Today looks quite nice, we have mostly sunshine, temperatures are around 20-22C, we've had a little rain, so all in all it is not bad. Next week will be of about the same weather.

Well, Friday was the day. Jan and I went for the new curtains(I will call them all just "curtains"is easier), not too far from our house, with a bit of effort and here and there a very short break, Jan did walk it. The shop where we went wasn;t the most cheapest, but it is one, that is doing business for years and years, it is a family business, and they have still time for their customers and good service. Time we took for our order, I think we stayed there about 3 hours, but the lady took her time, and that was very agreable. We ordered now net curtains for front and back of the living room and for the small bedroom, also curtains for there(in the bedroom a sort of blackout curtain), then blinds for the kitchen and lamets for the expansion. So we've done all the house. It's quite some money, but we have real good quality, that should do for some years ahead. Next Thursday the husband of the business will come to measure for all and when all will be ready, he will hang it all, with new rails etc. It will take a bit of time till it will be ready, because it is just start of holidays, so we hope to have it all hanging by end of August. Oh gosh, how wonderful it will look with all the new curtains, all fresh and well hung and sliding etc.

Next project will be to find us a new couch, which will probably will be two smaller ones. I already looked into some websites of furniture shops and I saw one or two that have a good selection for not too expensive and still an aoky quality. May be we will go there in a week or two, if Jan feels up to it. And then we should stop for a while , because we already will have spent a lot of money this year. But....... it will be worth it. For years we weren;t able to invest in new stuff, now we have the possibility and we should do it now. It will be a good feeling to have some new and fresh furniture and together with the curtains and the new windows we will be settled for while again. 

There are still some other projects that I would have done, but those will have to wait for a while till we can save some moeny for that again. I will be happy as a child when the first things will be accomplished in , say, 3 months time. 

Yesterday Jan told me, he called again Séverine, just to check if all was still okay. Wow, he did it without me asking for it, that's a news item, LOL! All seems to go allright with her, she told Jan she would go out for diner to a small restaurant with her grandparents. And some day last week she had some girlfriends visiting her and they played old fashion board games and they had great fun.

Already next weekend Heidi and Danny will be back from their vacation. Then we should pick a day to visit them, finally. 

I managed to take a few foto's in the garden so here they are. First is to show that my tomatoes really blossom, now it is waiting till they make tomatoes!

We have several plants, so who knows what harvest we might get??????

Next foto's are from a rose bush, that already bloomed with several roses, now it is busy with the second bloom. It is quite a large bush, about 1,50 mtr or may be even more. It has beautiful roses, in fact this foto isn;t really showing how beautiful and big they are. When new buds will open I will try to take better foto's. And the next foto is from lilies that bloom like mad. I had once a few from Heidi, but now I have a whoe bunch of them and they bloom for such a long time and hold also well in a vase.



I am still learning how to take the best pictures with my smartphone, so they will get better in time, hopefully. And I edit them with Paint(already in the windows 10). It will do for now, but perhaps one day I will buy me a new Photoshop Elements again. You can do much more with that, who knows, may be one day I'll pick up designing scrapbook kits again. Don't get too enthousiastic, I am not sure about that at all yet. We'll see what future will bring us. For now, I wish you all a wonderful week, stay safe, take care of yourself and your loved ones.


3 comments:

hummerdawn said...

Wow I feel so happy for you. What a wonderful fresh new house it is going to be! One's surroundings dictates our happiness. Lol. Just my thoughts.
We are in another heat wave. I wish I could send some of it too you. It is too much and too hard on the lungs for us seniors. But they say this is what is in our future due to climate change. We will just have to adjust to it as we have other things through the years.
I love your flowers and especially the lilies and roses. 2 of my favourites.
Glad to hear things are going along so well and positive vibes things keep up. Hugs and stay safe.
Dawn

Edna B said...

Oh my, your flowers are gorgeous! It must be so wonderful to sit out by your garden and enjoy your morning beverage. I'm so glad you finally decided on your curtains. Pretty soon, it will feel like a new home. I'm so glad for you.

I had thought I might get back to making quick pages, but it didn't happen. Maybe you will have better luck. I just don't stay concentrated long enough to get anything done.

The storm, Elsa, came through here but did not do any damage. (to our area) It did, however, cool down the temps a bit. Plus my grass and everything green is growing so tall! I'll have to get someone in here soon to do a bit of mowing.

It's good that Severine is doing so well. Will she be going off to college soon? Jazzy will be leaving next month for college. Deanne is really going to miss her.

It's almost time for lunch so I'm off to the kitchen now to see what will taste good. You have a super week my friend, big hugs, Edna B.

Snowy said...

Hello :) They are great photos. You can also edit them on your phone. If you go to playstore, you can download the snapseed app. This will let you do fantastic editing and has great filters. You can also crop the pictures and so much more straight on your phone .💜