Sunday, July 04, 2021

Better weather makes better mood.

 Goodafternoon everybody!

Our weather is somewhat better now, not spectacular, but temperatures around 20-21C, some clouds, some sun, here and there(mostly there, hahah)lots of rain, even thunderstorms, but not much in our part. It's good enough again to have the gardendoors opened and I did have my morning coffee in the garden today.

It was a week in which not too much happened, as usual, we don;t get out very much, that's to say, I do, but Jan is much at home, it is not easy for him to go out for a longer time, it has to do with condition of course but his breathing too. However he can be a bit outside because of the garden, he does do some work there, every time a little bit, it keeps him busy and is good ofr his feeling still being able to do something, you know. Let's just be happy he still is around.

One day I was out to get us some new stock of cheese in another shopping street a bit further away from us, and I also found some wonderful jars and small sprinklers for herbs and spices. Lately I was a bit annoyed because of the unpractical cupboard, where I keep my herbs and spices. I often buy larger packs, which is much cheeper of some spices and/or herbs, but not arranged handy. Now with these smaller jars (for a very low price) I arranged all much better. All the spices and herbs in the bigger jars to keep fresh and dry and all the more daily used spices all in the same sort of sprinkler, it all looks a lot better arranged. It might sound just very little to be so excited about, but I am happy with it, LOL.

Also found myself two new t-shirts for this summer, I run out a bit, because I cleaned out the shelf with the long and short sleeved t-shirts too. Got rid of several very old ones, they were too small, or discoloured etc. Slowly I get around in all cupboards and wardrobes, as well as I cleaned out my little desk where I have my laptop on. It has four very handy drawers, but you know the trouble with drawers...........after some time they get more and more filled with .stuff. So I bought some small low baskets and the pens and staples and all such things are now well arranged again, and i can see what's in the drawer. The second one was mainly full of old manuals for older laptops/computers, some program cd's that will not work anymore in Windows 10, all kind of terrible stuff, that had no use anymore. Gosh, I have even space left over a bit in that small drawer! All drawers look great again, so another small job finally done. It is amazing that it always takes more time than you think.

Somewhere this week I will try to attack one or two drawers in in a cabinet. I fear there will come out a lot of rubbage too!

This weekend my friend Heidi went on vacation, so Jan will call Séverine somewhere today to ask if all is okay with her(he came first with the idea, gosh!). I think she will be, but I promised her mother to make a few phonecalls just to check. 

It's looking as if we might have a little rain , which is good news for my tomatoe plants. They keep hgetting more and more yellow flowers, so it looks good for a small harvest. 

Could be time now for a cup of tea, may be a sandwich, and hoefully a later today a moment on the patio in the sun. Wishing you all a lovely week, take care of yourselves!

3 comments:

Edna B said...

It's good that Jan can enjoy working in the garden. If you were nearby, he could take care of mine too. I know what you mean about how things are stored and the way we want them. I still have lots of old manuals, etc. it's time to get rid of lots of them.

I'm sure Severine is doing just fine. It's nice of you and Jan to call to check on her. She's quite grown up now. Your tomato plants are doing really well. Mine look like I just might get a few to enjoy. Woo Hoo! That will be a first in a long time!

I got up really late today so now I'm to the kitchen to make my coffee and some brunch. You have a wonderful week my friend, big hugs, Edna B.

hummerdawn said...

Well, today finally our heat warning was cancelled. We hit 39C one day and it's just been horrible. Our beginning of July every year seems to bring the horrible heat. One small town in British Columbia broke all time Canadian records for heat and then the small town had a fire go through it and everyone had to be evacuated. Talk about a double whammy! I feel sorry for them.
We put dahlias in planters this year and I am kind of sorry I did. I knew they were touchy to grow but they are so pretty. We are managing to keep them alive but the heat is killing everything, farmers crops also.
So I spend my days inside where it is somewhat cooler, do my scrapbooking and watch Netflix. Lol.
Isn't that a good feeling when those cupboards and drawers get cleaned out and rearranged? I know exactly how your feeling excited feels!
You and Jan stay safe and take care. Hugs.
Dawn.

Grandma Sarge said...

Hello Kyra, I haven't been doing much with my computer except grocery shopping online and they deliver it right to my doorstep. So I don't have to leave the house and wear one of those masks.
I've gotten both of my shots and we ask anyone coming into the house if they've had shots and if not they must wear a mask so they don't let some bad germs loose in my house. One of my nurses hasn't gotten her shots and won't be getting any for some reason not known to us, so she said Sorry but she has to wear her mask.
Most of my nurses are good cooks and so, since I'm not allowed to cook or bake by myself, I just say they have to get it done and they tell me it's part of their Home Care giver training and even the 2 male nurses are pretty good at fixing a balanced meal. I just have to keep the "fixings" in the cabinets or the refrigerator/freezer and they will have a good time making it. One Nurse is Mexican and she makes the the best Burretos, tacos and other good Mexican, especially when she's teaching my daughter how to cook with the different kinds of "peppers". I also get Fresh eggs from another Nurse for only $3.00 American. She has about 19 chickens that lay one and sometimes 2 eggs per day, most days.
About my bed time. I took all my meds so now I can sleep!
Have a good weekend, sending good wishes for both you and Jan. I hold you in my prayers.