Sunday, June 27, 2021

Nice weather and quiet week.

 Goodafternoon everybody!

it is gorgeous weather today, the app on my laptop says we have about 25C now, and i believe it, feeling the temperature in the garden.  Yesterday we had some light rain, and that was very pleasant for the garden and pots and containers. It was a bit cooler during last week, but now it is great.

It was a very quiet week, with just everyday- things that I did, and I have to admit that the plan of "every day some cleaning or things alike"didn;t happen. No, not completely true. I did some two days in a row and I was already happy with myself, hahaha. And I did go through a part of my wardrobe and it got rid of a lot of things that were old, or not suitable to wear anymore. Specially two baskets with underwear and socks etc. Gosh, they look a lot better now. Also the shelf with my sweaters looks good again. Got rid of some of them, folded the other ones neatly, great. 

One day I went to city town, I wanted to buy us two new pillows for the bed. The ones we used were really no good anymore, and I found two nice ones for not much money and so another thing on my list is gone. I enjoyed shopping again, because in most of the shops we could enter without much restrictions, Ibut inside I still wear a mask and try to have some distance and coming home wash my hands.. Jan and I are vaccinated, okay, but not all people yet, and may be I can take the chance, but I also have to think about Jan. I might be okay, but could catch the virus and give it to him and he is much more vunerable to it. So better take no chance.

Do you believe, I already bought a few little Christmaspresents? Yeah, it is may be early, but best is to buy a thing when you see it. 

Yesterday I had my friend Heidi on the phone and she told me she and her hubby will go on holiday already next week! They will go again to France, to some friends there, but their daughter will stay home. Not a big thing, if you read it, but it is the first time it happens. Séverine is old enough (19 years), but now she has to take care of herself ; so cooking( which sounds easy, but not if you almost never did it, hahahaha), although Heidi bought a lot of grocerie stuff, she might have to do a bit of shopping, probably doing a laundry, taking care that it will not be a too big mess after two weeks, LOL. I think she will be okay, but her father already said that they should phone every day, just to see if all is going well. I promised Heidi, that we also will phone her once or twice. I am curious to know later, how Séverine will manage.

It is just such nice weather at the moment that I should sit a bit outside now, under the umbrella, take a cup of coffee and perhaps a book. I dont have to to do much for dinner, because yesterday I made us a sop and i always make enough for two days. I also made a few small piroshki(kind of little pies) to go with it. enough to have a good meal and perhaps later we could take a little snack, if we feel to it.

Wishing you all a wonderful week, thanks for stopping by. Take care.

1 comment:

Edna B said...

It sounds like you are really being able to enjoy your garden patio now. Awesome! My goodness, Severine has grown up right before our eyes (through your blog posts). I'm sure she'll be just fine while her folks are away on vacation.

You are right to still be careful while out shopping. We are also still careful when we go out. Just looking out for ourselves!

It's time for me to clean out closets too. How did I collect so much stuff over the years??? I'll be busy forever! hahaha. My friend, you have a wonderful day and an awesome week. Big hugs, Edna B.