Sunday, June 20, 2021

It's funny weather at the moment

 Goodafternoon everybody!

What about the weather? Last week we had some days of extremely hot weather, then some temperature drop and then two days in which at night, there were thunderstorms and very heavy rainshowers. In short time soooo much water from the sky, you cannot believe it.

Now it is rather calm again, but there might be some more this evening. And then suddenly tomorrow temperature will drop to around 15-16C! And coming from around 30C that is some change! All next week it will be under average for this time of year(as they forcast till now), not much more than perhaps 19C, still some sunshine but there is no steadiness in the weather now.

We'll have to take it as it comes. 

It was a quiet week( and surely the hot days I didnt move too much) and I had to compensate a bit the other days. So one day I collected all energy I had and did some proper cleaning in the house etc. Glad I did it, some more tobe done, but okay, if I try to do so every week something, well, not bad, is it then?

Jan went to an appointment with the pulmonologist, in fact a trip for not much, no change for the good or bad, which we expexted. Next year a new check-up. 

We did spent quite some time in front of the tv, because we like, as you know, soccer and there is the European championship going on. Our team did win two of the three starting matches, not bad, of course, but I cannot say they did play fantastic matches. It should be better next round, otherwise they will fail to go any further I fear.

A small nice thing happened today. I needed a fast easy program or kind of app on my computer to just resize my foto's I downloaded from my phone(yes, I did it, hahahaha). In future I will see if there is a nice, free program I can download with some smaller features for enhancing, but for now this one is okay. It is alled Image resizer for Windows 10 and once downloaded and installed you just work from Windows explorer with just a right-click on your mouse and it works fast! I found it, intalled it, opened Windows explorer and....................surprise.........suddenly I had some foto's in the foto file from years ago(some from our cats, some from Jan). I must have perhaps changed their size sometime online and the foto somewhere survived on the web! I am happy with the foto's because I thought I lost them in the almost crash/not working well of my last laptop.

I am no pro at all yet in taking pictures with my phone, should be easy, but for me it is still a very difficult learning process. I will get there, some day, but I am happy i have a few photo's of our garden for you now. Not spectaculair, but okay, again, after long time, here a few foto's.






If you look well, you can see even the new garden set of two small chairs and table and yellow pillows on the seats. They are nice to sit on for a shorter while, or if you lean on the table to do, e.g. a puzzle or so. But if you really want to read a book in quiet and lazyness, well, we still need to put up the "relax"chairs with thick pillows on them. Still I am happy with the bistro-set, because it's not taking a lot of place and is wonderful to sit on in the morning and have a coffee(if the weather is nice enough).

It will be all for today, I hope next week Jan and I can go to a shop for new curtains and / or blinds, it would be nice to have those at last. Wishing you all a wonderful week, with pleasant weather, and remember.... despite of all vaccination, be careful and stay safe.Bye, bye.

2 comments:

hummerdawn said...

What a beautiful garden/sitting area you have. So colourful and relaxing looking. Yes, our weather has been up and down, up and down and that was what was predicted for this summer for us also. This morning it was only 8C here and that is with a cold wind! And the wind never stops blowing! And no rain. So it is just one of those summers where we never know and it keeps the poor farmers guessing all the time.
Happy to hear all the check ups are going well. Take care and be safe.

Edna B said...

Well, that's good news for Jan. I'm glad to hear that. I agree, your garden is lovely and very peaceful looking. My Windows 10 comes with a program called Adobe Photoshop Express. I use it to crop my photos.

Our weather has been crazy too. I take it day by day. I'm going to enjoy all the nice days while I can. I hope you find the curtains you're wanting. Happy shopping! Big hugs, Edna B.