Sunday, July 18, 2021

In several weeks we will have all the curtains.

 Goodafternoon everybody!


Weather is good again, We have around 22-24C, sunshine, little bit of wind, and it will stay like this probably all next week. So somewhere this week Jan has to water the garden again. This seems strange, if you know that in the south of our country, as well as in Germany and Belgium there was very much rain and there are terrible floods. It hurts your heart when you see the disaster and the dammage that it has done. Lots of people lost everything in their house, if not even their house too. There are also a lot of casualties, for all in Germany and Belgium. And there are still people missing.

There was also another really bad news item, on Friday the 8th of July a crime journalist was shot and badly too, they hit his head. He died of the attack last week after struggling for his life about a week. It is shocking that things like that happen and it seems if it happens more often. Journalists, lawyers, program makers etc, seem not to be safe anymore to do their job. If you want to know more details I have alink for you:

Peter R de Vries: Dutch crime reporter dies after shooting - BBC News

Thursday the man of the curtain-shop came by to measure everything to the detail, and during his visit we even changed a few things, and now all the house will be having new curtains, or blinds or net-curtains. It is really a lot of money we will spend, but it certainly will last for a longer time, because it is good quality and will be well-made. Of course it hurts a little bit in the wallet, LOL, but it will be worth it. I tried to find some examples of the curtains we will have, and i did find some, although it looks as if it isn't really the colour I have in mind. Nevertheless you will have a slight idea.

For the living room front and back we will have net curtains(of which I didn;t find a foto)and curtains.Here the curtains

I have the idea that there is a slightly more green in it, but you can see the kind of tissue, which is linen.


For the little bedroom Jan wanted a warmer colour which is about this one


Because of starting of holidays, we will have to wait somewhat longer on the curtains to be ready, we hope to have them mid-september.

My friend Heidi also returned from their vacation, they even came home one or two days earlier, because they didnlt have nice weather at all, or only two days of wonderful weather and the rest of the time cloudy, rather cold, even rain. Well, if this is the case, you better can be at home. If all comes right Heidi and Séverine will come by next week for a moment, which will be nice. The Séverine will also explain a bit about our phones, may be even install some small things or so. 

Returning for a moment to the flood disaster, even then there are happening kind of miracles. read the following article if  you want

 https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2021/07/cow-survives-100-kilometre-swim-downstream-in-river-flood-waters/

As long as it is nice weather i should spend some time outside, under the parasol as I already did earlier this morning with my coffee and the book. It is so nice in the morning, real quiet and peaceful.

Wishing you all a lovely week, stay safe!




4 comments:

Edna B said...

I love your curtain colors. We've had a lot of rain lately here too. I'm trying to enjoy it though because I know we'll get a dry spell sooner or later and I'll be wanting this rain.

Enjoy sitting out in your garden patio. It's a nice way to start a day. It's nice that Heidi and Severine will be coming by for a visit. I'm sure Severine will be glad to help you with your phone. Today's kids are really smart.

I'll go have a look at your video link now. You have a super week my friend, big hugs, Edna B.

fl_connie said...

I don't comment much - but love your updates. I am so happy that the bad weather didn't affect you like it sadly has so many others. Enjoy your sunshine - our is too hot to enjoy, lol!

Grandma Sarge said...

Hello Kyra, I had a message already to send but I pushed the wrong button so it got lost in cyber space. I'll start all over again.
I'm working on some Ceramic dragons I made for my Grandson and his family. I'm ready to mail off 3 dragons and then work on 2 Angels for his female family. His wife and daughter.
I'm still hanging around the house these days because our city/county has the highest rate going in the newest version of the COVID virus. Don't know what it's name is but it's a variant of the first COVID that came running amuck in our country and probably yours also.
I'm also going to start back making scrapbook pictures of some that my family has posted on FB. I have such a huge collection of relatives on the internet that It's not easy to keep track of them. One of my cousins passed away Jun 30th from a variant of the COVID virus so I'm still hunkering down in my house and shopping from the computer and it's delivered to my front door. Works out just fine.
I have the Nurses for 12 hours a day now and sometimes they are a pain sometimes the way they follow me from room to room. They are only doing their best to keep me healthy but it still isn't keeping the lungs from getting worse.
Time for me to get a snack.
Take care and stay safe. Better to look like a bandit than catch whatever bad germs the public is spewing around.
Hugs and God's Blessing from Corrine

hummerdawn said...

Well, here in my province we are experiencing a drought. But the last day or so we did get some rain but not really enough. It is weird how one place will be flooded and another one be praying for rain. The farmers fields dried up and no hay for the winter. It may change before but not sure if there is enough time for things to recover before fall. Your new curtains are going to be so lovely. When they are hung, maybe you could take a photo or so!!
Enjoy your nicer weather and both be safe. It's not over yet!
Hugs.
Dawn