Sunday, July 25, 2021

We have guest visits from a cat.

 Goodafternoon everybody!

Yes, today very late, I slept a bit longer and then was busy with things, Our wether has been quite okay, yesterday there was some rain, it will rain possibly too in the evening again, temperature today is about 23-25C. Later this week it will drop to may be 20-21C, which is somewhat  low for July. 

I was later this morning because I slept longer than usual. All due to the Olympics. We have a time difference with Japa of about 7 hours, so a lot of events take place in our nights. There are of course summaries to see of tod enough for a medal, They start often at 02.00 night (our time). Not best for the sleep, I know, but ..................

We had again a quiet week, I love to say it, although sometimes it seems dull. However, we had a visit from Heidi and Séverine this week on Tuesday and it was ever so nice. Séverine explained us a few things on our phones, not all, but every time something is okay. we had a drink and a few laughs, sitting in the garden.

And we have a visitor lately from a beautiful young cat, at home somewhere in the neighbourhood. No, it doesn;t look astray, looking far too clean and well-fed, but it seems to like our garden and our chairs with the pillows in the garden, hahahha. It's a very friendly cat, grey with white and very light green-greyish eyes. I will try to make a photo and put it in my next blogpost. I only have to try to learn him/her( I didn;t check, LOL) that it can be in our garden and lay around but cannot harm the little birds. Will be hard, I know, but I can always try.

After I woke up this morning I first had a cup of tea and something to eat, watched a bit tv and then started to prepare for dinner. I still had some big shrimps in the freezer, so I thought I might use them up and they are in a simple marinade of sunflower oil, some pepper, salt and garlic. I also made a potatoe salad to go with it and I also have a few slices of smoked salmon with it. As dessert we will have some yogurt with fresh strawberries. I think it will be yummie. It's a bit luxurious dinner, I know, but we don't have that too often. During the week we also have sometimes just a hamburger with some salad or boiled veggies and potatoes.Another day perhaps just some pasta, or a Sheperd's Pie with some salad,  But every now and then we can make an exception, isn;t it?

Oh, I also turned on the washing machine to have the laundry done, it's hanging to dry now in the extension room we have. All together I think I filled my day well enough, so now it is about time to do a little game perhaps on the laptop, and later hang some food for the birds and then the afternoon will be gone already.

I wish you all a wonderful week, stay safe, take care of yourselves, and till next week.

2 comments:

Edna B said...

Oh my, a kitty cat friend. How wonderful! Have fun teaching it not to go after the birds. Your visit with Heidi and Severine sounds wonderful. Today's technology come easy to these young kids. I'm so glad they are willing to teach us older folks.

It's always nice to treat yourself to a really nice meal. You deserve it! Speaking of laundry, I need to do a load or two myself. I keep putting it off, but it needs to be done.

I'm hoping for a little rain today. Other wise I need to go and water my plants. Now I'm off to make a cup of coffee. You have a super week my friend, big hugs, Edna B.

Grandma Sarge said...

Well this is a big surprise for me. I actually have completed my devotions of a morning and am waiting for my Nurse. She will be another 45 mins before she is due her. They work from 7am to 7pm doing things for me and making sure I get the medicines I'm supposed to get and when. We have not much to do in the afternoon so we play a game of Yatzee. It's fun and some of the ladies like to join me in painting ceramics, lots of fun, and some days if I'm not up to par, I sit down with a good book and the nurse can get all of her/his (I have 2 male nurses)paperwork finished. Since it is being sent to the Dept of Labor for proof of "Care of me", it's usually a couple of hours getting all the important stuff finished.
I'm going to teach one of my nurses how to use the scrapbook kits from my computer and I will surely be using some of yours. Will you allow me to introduce you to here so she may use some of your kits if she wishes to download to her own computer for when she's finished her tour of duties here in Grand Junction.
I'm getting some tests done for a rash that has been coming and going and we don't know what is the cause. The break out today is the worst yet but I'm having some tests done to see what I'm allergic to if anything at all. Haven't changed the laundry soap and haven't taken any new medicines so I'm not sure what is going on. Maybe I'm allergic to my doggie but I've had her for her whole life. She'll be 5 in Sept and it's just been a couple of months that I've been breaking out in something. Funny looking pink/red spots all over my body. The intern at the Urgent Care did a biopsy by getting a muscle sample and stitching it back up. He sent the sample to a lab and I guess in a couple of weeks he'll get an answer as to what is infecting my body.
I guess I've blabberd on long enough.
Have a good week and we'll touch bases again next week. God Bless and stay safe.