Sunday, June 06, 2021

Why is it so hard to know the date and time????

Goodafternoon everybody!

We had marvellous weather almost all last week, only yesterday it was somewhat less, it was cloudy, much colder wind, not nice. But today it looks again much better, sun is shining and temperatures are heading to 20-21C and later this week it might even be better because of changing wind direction. So in all we cannot complain Only it also is dry(in our aerea), so I had to water the garden and did it yesterday . In another part of our country they had lots and lots of rain in short time, and had trouble beacuse of it.

Yes, last week we had our second vaccination shot, I told you already last Sunday it was happening. But......... I totally missed the day LOL! I said to you we were going on Monday afternoon, however, I had a kind of guardian angel whispering to me to check my mail, to see if there was a change in appointment. There wasn't but I did check the mail of comfirmation and.........read we had the appointment on the 2nd of June(that I knew!) but it was Wednesday. And somehow I missed a few days or so but I was fully convinced the 2nd of June was the monday, hahahahahaha. All Sunday and Monday morning I had this idea, and I just had to turn the page on the calendar near my computer to see when we had to go. Okay, you already guessed by now, I didn;t turn the page and almost we made a journey to the vaccination location for nothing. Pfffffff. Finally we went on Wednesday, all went were smoothly and we are fully vaccinated. Still taking some precautions, of course, but it feels more secure.

Well, I have the date on my computer and even phone, but before we had an upgrade of our cable tv distributor, on the electronic tv guide there was in an upper corner the day -date-time, which was very handy I thought. With the upgrade that disappeared and only the time is left. I hate it.

I try to learn a little bit every day to use my phone and all the possibilities on it, but it's hard work. I can find a lot on the web, but thing don;t look always exactly the same as on my phone, know what I mean????? So it will be a really long learning process. I am trying out now a little bit the camera on it, already there are so many options, I think I must write them down and then try out.

Good news of course is, that my friend Edna is back on the web, with a new laptop. I am so glad to read again her posts, and wish her good luck with the new laptop. 

Oh, last week I found a new rose arch, it is the same we had, a very simple and cheap one, but it will do at least for this year. And it was just in time too. As Jan and I removed the old one it was kind of "crumbling"apart in our hands. Some parts I just could break of, it was completely rusted through. Our garden is looking greener and greener now and things are blooming, we have a yellow rose that has the first blooms, next will be the rose on the arch. I had there also two clematis, but I cannot see any life there. Perhaps they didn;t survice the sudden cold we had for a short time. Hmmmm, I just love clematis, so I am looking around to find some new ones. Yes, there are enough in the garden centres, but they are rather far away and difficult to reach without a car. I think I should go to the market next week and see if i can find some there. There is always a very good stall from a nursery in the area and they always have more special things. If the weather stays nice, it might be a good idea, I can always take a tram to the market and perhaps walk back. Nice to take some fresh veggies and so from there too. Gosh, I didn;t go to the market for a very long time, first there was lockdown, then it was partially opened but much too cold and bad weather and now all is open and back in business so perhaps time to go.

Good, time to enjoy a bt the weather, then make a potatoe salad for this evening's dinner, and we will have a grilled chicken with it(I bought that chicken already grilled, so only have to warm it up in the oven.). Easy living today, hahaha.

Have a wonderful day and week, wishing you all stay safe healthway and weather way, till next week.

1 comment:

Edna B said...

Good morning Kyra. It's going to be fun getting out to the market again. I do hope you find a new clematis plant. Be sure to take a photo of your yellow roses for us to see. I'm glad to hear that you and Jan have finally got your second vaccine shots. It's good to be protected.

That roast chicken sounds delicious. Hmmm, I'll have to thaw some meat and make a meat sauce. I love pasta. It's really too hot today to sit outside. In a few days, temps are supposed to cool down a bit.

It will take a while, but pretty soon, you'll be a pro with your new phone. I still don't know everything about my phone. So, have fun wit it. Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading. You have a wonderful week my friend, big hugs, Edna B.