Sunday, May 30, 2021

The sun makes me happy.

 Goodafternoon everybody!

Oh, yes, definately true, that the sun makes you happy. From the middle of past week the weather changed a lot. Now we have around 20-21C, with little wind and lots of sunshine. And that is a big difference to say one week ago!

In our garden it always is even warmer, because it is quite sheltered. And then the parasol is really a must. What a wonderful thing to open up the door to the garden and drink a coffee in the morning on the terrace. Lret's just hope it will stay this way for a looooong time and even get somewhat better. 

It was a quiet week, with just the normal things done. Ha, it was now just the good weather to clean our windows outside(the new ones in front of the house). That task Jan took onto his shoulders and he did a fine job!

I am glad to know, that I am not the only one who has trouble in getting to know a new phone, LOL! I discover every other day or so a little  new thing(at least to me it is new), but I hope in a bit of time I will be able to see Séverine, who will be able to explain a lot of it to me. 

Today I was rather busy, first I had my coffee on the terrace with a garden magazine to read. Those magazines I can read over and over again, and there always is an idea that comes up to do in the garden. Just love to see how other people have their gardens, specially the smaller ones. That's also a thing they show at the moment in the BBC program Gardener's World. Every week they show 3 or 4 short video's from watchers, who show what they do in their garden, or give tips etc. It is amazing to see the creativity of all those people!

After the coffee I jumped under the shower and after that I went into the kitchen to make a lambs stew for this evening. I also had quite some left over from a pumpkin and I made a little soup of it with some potatoe in it. I took a small spoon to taste and it wasn;t bad at all. 

That ready or on the stove I spent some time in the garden, repotting some things. Even went out for q uick visit to the supermarmet to get us some garden soil( and with the repotting you always need quite some soil).

And of course there is the happy news, that tomorrow Jan and I will be able to get our second vaccin shot! Yeah, that's something wonderful We still have to be a bit careful and take precautions when going out, like wearing a mask in shops or tram or bus etc. but we can feel more safe. Now it is necessary that the whole population get's vaccinated as quickly as possible! 

I am glad we can travel tomorrow with really nice weather, and we will certainly take our time and perhaps spend some time on a bench in the sun in the neighbourhood of the vaccination location(it is a very nice and green area there).

That's about all I have to tell. Now I just hope my friend Edna will be able to get on line again soon. She had major laptop troubles, may be they can be solved at the re[pair shop, otherwise she needs a new one. I was glad her daughter Audrey posted a message on her mother's blog, that edna was okay, it was just the laptop who was sick. Good luck Edna with perhaps the repair of finding a new and good working laptop. I really miss you.

To all of you I wish a very happy and safe week.


2 comments:

hummerdawn said...

I am so happy to hear about your nice weather. I hope also that it continues. Yes, sunshine and fresh air make a person feel so good!
Congrats on getting your vaccinations and I pray the end is coming soon.
Take care and stay safe, both of you!
Dawn

Edna B said...

My laptop is still at the repair shop. It's pretty sick. But, I bought a new laptop and have spent lots of time getting it set up and ready to use. Now I can blog again. Woo Hoo! I've missed you too.
How wonderful that you can sit out on your patio and enjoy the weather and your garden. Our weather has been wet and cold, but now it is warming up so I'll be able to sit out on my porch.
It's going to take me a while t figure out this new laptop, but I'll get there eventually. I hope. hahaha. Show us photos of your beautiful garden. I'll bet it's really pretty now. I have a few scattered blooms. Enough to keep me happy. Now I'm off to post on my blog. You have a super week my friend. Big hugs, Edna B.