Sunday, May 23, 2021

Summer (and even real Spring) seems far away

 Goodafternoon everybody!

Our weather isn;t spectaculair at all. We linger on in temperatures of around 14-15C, with sometimes rainshowers, hard wind, and for next week still no real improvement. So in real early Springtime we had a few days of wonderful weather, but at the moment............. nothing great. I even couldn;t sit in the garden  to have my cup of coffee,( sigh).

This week was a little bit, for us, chaotic. Monday afternoon we had visit from Jan;s brother, which is okay, of course. And he could help us  bit with understanding our new phone. It took him some time to find out where some things were hidden in the  options etc.(cause every phone is different, also something weird). So the afternoon we were bisy with that and some chatting too, of course.

Next day not much happened, I did some grocerie shopping, had to get a battery placed in Jan's wristwatch. we could do it probably ourselves, but it is a more expensive watch(I gave it to him when we married), so I rather let the jeweller do it. Now it can work around for about two years.

Next day we both looked around in the house if we had things for the waist pick up later in the week. Of course we found more things! If wanted we could have 3 times more, hahahaha. But okay, we kept to the most necessary, that already was enough. We started to put it outside a day early, but so we could do it in parts. Tuesday evening all was out on the street and already people were taking things from it, that they thought they could use or repair. Okay for me. Friday morning the waist pickup truck came along and hoorray, all was gone. we made quite some space in our shed and even in the house a bit.

Then there was also an annoucement from our cable distributo for tv that they would soon make an upgrade on the box. Updates they do have no influence on installed favourite lists and recorded programmes, but this time it was and UPGRADE so we would loose all recorded programmes and had to make again our favourite list of broadcasters. It sounds of nothing complicated, but it always takes a lot of time and hassle to get all again as you had it. Pffffff, and now get used to the new form of using the program. Is it an improvement? I am not completely sure yet. Some things yes, other things not better than it was. As usual we had a few question points in using so I made a call, no even two, to customer service. Must say, they tried to help me well, and friendly too. Pity they couldn;t answer to all my questions(what's new? LOL) . But enresult was they would send us a newer remote control and all would be a lot better. We had it the next day, and is it better? Perhaps. On the old one you had a few more buttons(and they were handy), but okay, we will learn to use this one within short time. 

Still, this week was a kind of learning week and I hope it is done with now for a longer time again Okay, the phone is still in view of learning process, but all those "new"things in just one week?????? I know a lot of you are grinning(is that the right expression?), but for me it is feels like too much stressing. But all will be fine, it is in fact.

I will go into the kitchen now and prepare my butternut for this evening's dinner. This time I will just boil it in water with half a stock cube and a pinch of salt. I will have more than enough for a next meal this week, I might make it in the oven then. Some boiled potatoes to it today and a pork tenderloin, and the dessert will be strawberries with some whipped cream, yummie.

Wishing you all a wonderful week, keep yourself safe!


1 comment:

Edna B said...

Hi Kyra. I've had my latest phone for more than a year and I still don't know how to use everything on it. No problem, I just use it for calls, text messages, email and photos. I paid the price because it has a good camera in it. Good luck with your phone. It won't be long and you'll be very comfortable with it. You have a super day my friend, hugs, Edna B.