Sunday, May 16, 2021

New phone, new grocerie trolley, oh my!

 Goodafternoon everubody!

Weather is on and off a bit here. Some sunshine, sometimes rain, sometimes just cloudy and temps around 14-15C I think. so not the best weather but it could be worse. We even can sit at moments in the garden, if the sun is shining.

I did accomplish a few things this week.

First of all I called municipality for the waiste colletcion. I did that on Monday, had to wait some time till I got someone, but I have a date. They couldn;t come earlier as Friday the 21th. I knew collection could take a bit of time, but this was rather long. Oh well, we will put things outside next Thursday evening and hope they really will come on Friday. We already assembled quite some things from everywhere near the kitchen door, so it will be quicker and easier to put all on the sidewalk.And there will be some things added from the house. It will be a small clean up at least.

Then we went for a new phone. Jan did managed quite good to walk to the store, he paused every now and then to look into a shop window(he wasn;t there for a really long time) and all went well. We were helped really good I thought, the guy had a lot of patience with us, hahaha. We have both now the Samsung A02S. It is  rather big phone, but for us with our old eyes it is a good thing. You only cannot put if very simple into a trousers pocket or so. Well, we will find something for that too.

However it will take us some time to learn how it all works. We never had such a phone before, we only had those very, very old mobiles, so it is quite a difference. Of course you can find all manuals and so on line, and some shorter ones are really good, and if it will be really necessary I can go back to the shop where they can and always will help me. Or I can ask somebody, of course. I already did go back the next day to the shop with some quiestions and was helped really friendly and with patience. May be we payed the phone a bit more expensive (you always can find the same cheaper somewhere) but we have a real good service and that's worth something too.

Next thing I noticed that my grocerie shoppig car had a bit of a wobbly wheel and that isn't a good sign most of the time. So I decided to get me a new one, and of a better brand. Yesterday I found one, It was a bit expensive but I hope it will pay off the money. I have a picture of it from the web, onlt I have it in a kind of turkoise color( and you can change the handle, you can have about 30kg in it and it has a cooling bag, and a support for putting it on the supermart shopping cart) , oh and changeable wheels)



Smart looking, isn;t it?

As we were in a shopping mood, after the phone stuff(gosh, we spent a bit of money on them) we went to another shop to see if there was a coffee m=filter machine a bit smaller than the one we have now(it is a rather old one too) and we saw a neat little one but....... not in stock at the moment. The same with a small airfryer...... not in stock. Gosh, now we finally decided and were able too to buy some new stuff, also needed and then it isn;t in stock. Not really bad, we could do so long without, we can wait a bit more and may be in a few weeks they will be availeble.

So the next few weeks I and certainly Jan will be busy with our new phones, it is almost the same as getting to know your away around on a new laptop with new windows version, LOL.

Now I need patience when explaining Jan the things I found out, help! But, with some struggle here and there, it will be done at some time. Hope always is there, hahahahahaha.

Good, it is now time to look after some stew meat on the stove and then I think I first will take a shower and may be a little inspection round in the garden, if the sun still shines.

Wishing you all a very good week to come, stay safe.

3 comments:

hummerdawn said...

Isn't it refreshing to have some new items! The cart looks really nice and it will likely be of service for a long time to come. Yes, the new phones take some learning for sure but it is so wonderful on how much they can do now compared to years back.
We are back to a big lockdown as we are being invaded by the 3rd wave and they are turning out to be all the variants. So I think our summer will be just like last summer. Line ups for the stores, schools closed and all that kind of thing.
Happy to hear you and Jan are doing good. Hugs!

Edna B said...

Oh wow, new phones! How exciting! It will be fun learning your way around on them. Mine does so many things but I only use it for texting and photos mainly. Of course, surfing the web is a bit easier now too. I really like your new shopping cart. It looks like it will last a long time.
We'll be putting our yard waste out for pickup next Saturday morning. It will be the last pickup for a while.

Temps are finally warming up a bit and it's nice to be able to sit out on the porch. I'll bet it's really pretty on your garden patio. You and I are lucky to have such nice places to sit out in. Now I'm off to do a bit more blog reading before going outside. You have an awesome day my friend, love and hugs, Edna B.

Grandma Sarge said...

I can sympathize with you on the phones. I got a new one a year ago and still can't make it work. I think I need my daughters to teach me what's going on so I won't feel so stupid and just put the phone away. There must be an easier way to answer the ringing but by the time I get it opened up the caller has hung up without a message. Guess it wasn't very important anyway!
Spent some time at the ER last Friday (3 hours it took). To find out that I'm stressing and the reaction isn't nice. I told my friends it was an out of body experience, like my head was dizzy and I was short of breath with some chest pains. Had ECG, an X-ray and twice they did blood work. And he came back and told me I was fine, all the tests were normal but the sensation of my body being light headed wasn't. OH well, I'm back at home after the 3 hours and I'm doing fine.
I've been doing some scrap booking this last week and they are adorable. I can't remember if I used any of your work this week but I know I have used it in the past.
I think it's time to have a little Meal replacement and get ready for bed.
Glad you enjoyed your shopping trip. I do most of mine by internet since I've been vaccinated but so many people don't believe in Vaccines I'd just rather stay home and use my computer to shop.
Have a good week and talk again after your next message. God Bless and Hugs.