Sunday, May 09, 2021

One day, it will be summer.

 Goodafternoon everybody!

What a difference already the weather today and yesterday. Yesterday it rained a lot, it was cold, almost looked like it was autumn, but today the temperature is already a lot warmer and even the sun came out. At the moment there is a small thunderstrm and it is raining, but that should stop in a while(hopefully). 

Because of the hopeful sight of the sun and the much warmer temperatures, Jan and i set up our new bistro set, it looks so nice. Last week I also bought two small pillows in bright yellow for the chairs(and that is a much better sit-experience, hahaha), and it looks ever so nice and happy. Although I had to ake them off quickly, when the rain started.

Still I am happy with the little table and chairs, it looks nice and I think we will use them a lot . Also the parasol stands near it, so whenever the sun will shine too strong, we have some shadow. All prepared for better days. 

It was a quiet week, again. We had Liberation Day on the 5th of May, and usually it is a day people go out and visit markets and fairs or go for a picnic or barbecue, or just visit eachother and have a drink, but of course nothing of that could be done this year. You could say we had some luck that the weather wasn;t really good, so it did burt a bit less not being able to do all those nice things. 

I hve a link for you, telling about our Liberation Day, if you are interested in a little bit of history it mightbe interesting.

 https://dutchreview.com/culture/society/liberation-day-in-the-netherlands/

I am quite busy every day with feeding the birds here, specially the parakeets, they found their way to our garden again, and now at times in the morning and early evening we have seven of them sitting on the rosebow and eating of their bits of apple. They are still a bit shy and fly away when you come too near. Perhaps they will get used to our presence during summer. 

Tomorrow I will try to call again the bulky waiste collection service, to see if they can pick up our stuff we prepared. I called last week, but there were so much waiting to be connected that I gave up. Perhaps I will have more luck next week. 

And also next week Jan and I want to get us a new phone, which will be quite a physical effort for Jan to go to the shop. He will have to pause during the walk once or twice, so I will have to be patient. But I will be happy if he will be able to go there and choose his own phone. It also will be good for him to be out and see some shops again etc.  The guys in the phoneshop are very nice and very helpfull and patient.

So that is about all to tell for now. I hope soon the sun will come out again and w will be able to enjoy some moments on our terrace. It is about time we can spend some time outdoors, our bodies will be happy with it and also our minds. At least next week the temperatures will be aroound normal for the time of year, so perhaps 16-17C, and then hoping real warmer spring weather will arrive finally.

Have all a wonderful week, stay safe, 

 


2 comments:

Edna B said...

Your little patio set sounds fun. Yellow is such a happy color. I think it's wonderful that you have parakeets coming to your garden. We don't have them in the wild here. At least not in my part of the country.

The weather here doesn't seem to be in any rush to stay Spring-like. Too many cold days. Especially the mornings and nights are so cold. By the time the temps warm up, it will be Summer time. Yeesh!

Ah well, at least we can put on a sweater and walk around outside for a while. Maybe when you and Jan go to town to shop around, he could take his walker with him. This would be a big help to him. I know he probably doesn't want to use the walker. I didn't before. But now I find it very helpful. Plus my walker has a seat on it so that when I'm tired of walking, I can sit down for a bit.

Now I'm off to watch a bit of TV and see about some lunch. You have a super day my friend, love and hugs, Edna B.

Grandma Sarge said...

I'm with Edna on the Walker. I'm using mine to go to the mail box and around the house even. If I don't use the walker and turn up the oxygen then I'm in for a bit of wheezing and coughing. My lungs are not getting any better but then I never figured I would get rid of this stuff. The Asbestos has settled in for the long haul. I try breathing exercises and have a little fun with my nurses (different nurse every day) and on days there isn't a nurse then Dani comes over to see that I don't fall again. One time a year is plenty.
Our weather is starting to get a little warmer but I still have to heat the bathroom to take a shower. I have yet to enjoy my patio with it's chairs and a table with and umbrella attached but it's been so windy I can't leave it up so it's tied down. The large canvas I got last year didn't hold together on it's first windy. It wasn't anything you take down in the wind. It covered the whole patio but we had some wind come through and it pulled the whole thing up and onto the roof of the house. Had to get my neighbor to get it down before it took out the ac up there.
Got a shingles shot on Thursday last and in six weeks will get the second one. Made me a little off my game so I laid down for a couple of hours. Seemed to be ok after that.
Time to think about lunch.
Take care and convince Jan to take the walker if you're going to walk to the doctor. Hugs from accross the Ocean!