Sunday, May 02, 2021

Old fashioned customer service till exists.

 Goodafternoon everybody!

It is still too cold, but we have sunshine and when there is almost no wind it can even be agreable to sit and feel the warmth of the sun. However, later this week we will get some rain(which isn;t too bad, it was very dry) and no view on really warmer temperatures till now. Pity, but we'll have to deal with it.

Last Thursday we had a visit from my friend Heidi, and it was so good to see her again. Now it is up to us when we will visit her in her new house. I think we will wait a bit, till we had our 2nd vaccination too. She and her family didn;t had any vaccination yet.

Yes, last Monday it was the BIG day for us to get our first vaccination. we were much too early on place, but no problem, we could go in almost right away, and both of us at the same time. Wonderful. We got the Pfilzer vaccin. I almost didn;t have any problem with it, only  at night it was a bit painful to lay on the side I got the injection. And next day I had a little bit of muscle strain in the upper arm. Day after it was gone, so all went well.

Life is opening up here a bit, like shops(with restrictions too number of people at the same time in), terraces, high schools one day a week having "life"education. Let's hope all will go well and that hospitals can cope and that there will not be an outbreak of infections again Vaccination program seems to go much better now. So hope is there, but some carefulness is needed too(wearing masks in shops etc., trying to keep distance etc.).

Oh it was ever so nice to be able to go into a shop again! And I must say, I couldnt help to do so, hahaha. No I didn;t go to town centre, fearing it would be too crowded, but in our shopping street near us, it already was nice. We were looking for a long time already for a little table on the terrace(the one we had till now was really done, too low and falling almost apart). There was needed only a small one, mostly for Jan, to do his puzzle and having something to put your tea-of coffemug on. And last Friday I saw a little set in a shop not far away from us.  I went in to ask if it was on stock and if I could have it delivered. All was yes and even didn;t took any deivery costs(and the price of the set was really low, just about  € 50,00, and that is not much. it was a little table and two small chairs.


Then next morning I saw the mail from the shop saying they couldn;t deliver, because it wasn;t in stock anymore and I could get my money back if I would send them my bankaccount number. I knew that would be okay, because it was the right mailaddress of the company, but still I rather had it back in cash, as I payed in advance cash in the shop. So I called customer service to ask if that would be possible. In this case it should be no problem(it was ordered on line by the shop, the girl helped me with it and payed cask there). Okay, I was a bit disappointed because I finally found something right, but I went to the shop to get my money. Then there was a real nice lady, who said, she still had one set in stock in the shop!Wow, that would be great, onlt it wasnt possible to get it delivered, I should take it myself home. Gosh, problem, it was a too big package and also too heavy. The lady came with a solution. If I was able to carry the table home myself(and it wasn't the heaviest of ht eset) she would bring the two chairs herself by foot, because she lived in the neighbourhood, always walked to and from the work and it should be no problem at all. Wasn;t that every so nice? And the more because she came after work and it also was Satuday! Well, I was soooo happy with it, I bought her a little box of chocolota for her kidness and wonderful, old-fashioned service! and yes, at 6.45 p.m. she was there with the chairs and with a smile too.

A little while after I came home in the early afternoon with the table I went out again too buy a few happy plants for the garden, yes, Jan has to stay busy LOL! Our tulips were almost at the end and had to be cut(just the blooms, the leaves should stay on and the leaves must die to give the bulbs new energy), so Jan did that, took them out of the containers and I put them somewhere back in the garden. Somewhere in august or so I probably can take them out, let them dry and plant them again in Novemebr or so. And then hoping they bloom again so beautiful as they did this year. 

Okay, this was more or less our week, and now it is time to look after the stew that should almost be ready and turn the gas off. I will make mashed potatoes with lamb's lettuce through it to go with the lamb's stew. And we will have some strawberries as dessert. 

Wishing you all a safe and wonderful week.


2 comments:

Edna B said...

I'm so glad that both of you have got the vaccine shot. There is a light at the end of the tunnel! What a cute table and chair set you bought. I have a little set on my porch. My table is square.

How wonderful that you had a nice visit with Heidi. Now you have something to look forward to when you visit in her new home. I only have a few tulips, but they are ever so beautiful. So far, two orange and two yellow ones have blossomed. Sometime today, I'll go out and check my lilacs. They should be getting close to blooming time.

I had my medical appointments on Friday and everything turned out really well. Oh happy days! In a little while. Deanne and Eddie will be by with their grandkids so that I can see the kids before they have to go home.

You have an awesome week my friend, hugs and love, Edna B.

hummerdawn said...

I am so happy you had such a nice experience with your purchase. That was so kind of her to offer that. You have a cute little set to sit out in your garden and I am hoping the weather starts turning better very soon. It is just so up and down every day a person doesn't even know how to dress.
You and Jan take care.