Sunday, April 25, 2021

Are happy days here again?

Goodafternoon everybody!

Weather here is still too cold for the time of year. Although we do have dry weather and some days full of sunshine, there still is blowing a wind from the North or North East which makes it colder than it should be. This week it will be mre or less the same, may be towards end of the week there could be some rain, but for now it is dry, and we might even have to water the garden. For sure the pots and containers.

Sometimes, in our garden, when the sun is shiny full, it is rather nice to have a short seat, specially when there is just a soft blowing wind. But you really have to stay in the sun, otherwise it is too frisk to sit. It is okay when you move around and do some work, but still I like it also somewhat warmer when working in the garden, hahaha.

I was walking around in the nieghbourhood quite a lot this week, just for some grocerie shopping actually, to find all I needed in different supermarkets etc. There suddenly seems to be a small stagnation in deliveries of some goods there. Well, I don't mind too much, it is good to be out and have some exersice for the legs. Perhaps from middle of this week to come there might be some relaxations in the the lockdown we have for now. For one, they might open the terraces of cafe and restaurants, for several hours a day, shops can open up under restrictions of not letting in too many customers at a time, things like that. Although the figures still are not that good of infections and admissions to hospital and also the IC, government thinks it can be possible. Well, let's see and hope. Vaccination is going slowly better here and now I can tell you the BIG news(for Jan and me it is): Last week we received a letter from Health Depatment that we are on the list for vaccination and we could make an appointment. I right away did(by phone, it went really smoothly and quick) and so I even could choose the location. We have two vaccination location in The Hague(which is rather a a little for our city I find), one is really far away all on the edge and takes a long travel by tram and bus, and one is not really too far away and easy to reach for us by just one tram and takes about 15 minutes. So tomorrow, yes on Monday we can go there, together and have both our first vaccination(it will be with Pfizer), we have to be there at 9.30 a.m.

It is like receiving a birthday present almost! Okay, we will need another vaccination, we have the date already in June) and we till have to be careful, because still a lot of people aren;t yet vaccinated. But....... it is seeing light at the end of the tunnel. It is just a pity that  lot of people are kind of scared now to have a vaccination, because of the talks about several brands that might have some really un pleasant side effects. But I think that getting Covid and the seriousness of it, is much more dangerous and much more likely. So I think people should think good about it and read the right explinations and figures about the vaccinations and talk to their doctor if they aren;t sure, because only with vaccination of as much poeple as possible we can ban out one day the Covid, or at least make it much less drastic and dangerous. Perhaps we will need it every year, like we have the flue vaccination. 

I just hope Jan and I will not have too much trouble with the smaller side effects, like sour arm, or not feeling 100% for a day or two or something like that. But we both are happy we suddenly can be vaccinated and it gives some peace of mind too.

For instance, next week my friend Heidi will come for a visit to us(she has to be in the neighbourhood) and I will be so happy to see her again. She can tell us all about her moving to the new house and perhaps we even can make an appointment to visit her and the family in their new house, because we are curious to see it.  As she still isnt vaccinated(although you can count her to the risky group with her disease on her lungs), we have the vaccin, so it will work both ways a bit. We will take care, of course and keep a bit distance and so, but at least we can meet.

For some photos you still have to wait a bit longer, I didn;t take time to try to connect my camera to the laptop(it should be easy enough with the cable I have for it, must just hope the laptop can recognize the camera without problems. 

On tv we always have a certain program around 5.oo p.m. which is always nice to watch, kind of talkshow, and this last week(as it had a few warmer days) they had it from The keukenhof, where in Spring the tulips have their feast. But with Covid they couldn;t open the gardens(may be they did for just a very small amount of people) but like last year they made video's and you can see them all , there are about 4 or 5 made this year, and I will give you the link, because it is really beautiful to see. They plant about 7 million bulbs(all by hand) every year and take them out too and every year they make a new plan for the display, so every time it is somewhat different, isn;t it amazing?????)

Welcome to Keukenhof

(seeing it in browser Edge will give you sound, I am not sure in Firefox, because Firefox sometimes plays tricks with me and suddenly gives no sound and I have no idea how to fix it)

 I hope it will bring you some joy, like flowers and all nature always do.

 

Have a wonderful week, and .......... stay safe!

1 comment:

Edna B said...

I'm so happy for you and Jan that you are getting your vaccine shots. I got the Phizer and had no after effects. No one in my circle had any effects either. I had a lovely visit yesterday with my sister in law. It's been so long since I've seen her. I just know your visit with Heidi will be wonderful too. You have an awesome day my friend, hugs and love, Edna B.