Sunday, April 11, 2021

A week with a bit of everything.

 Goodafternoon everybody.

Weather here is looking friendly but temperature isn;t too great. Sun is shining mostly, but when I step outside in the garden it is feeling as you should imagine with the sun. It will be a whee bit better during the week, day temperatures will be around 8-10C but in the evening and night it will drop almost to zero. It could creep up by the end of the week to may be 12-13 at daytime. I could do with something like 16-17C with sunshine, but for now too much wished for.

Title of the post might sound a bit mysterious, but it isnlt really. There were up and down days, more caused by Jan who had some trouble again starting last sundayevening. It wasnt as bad as the week before and kind of different, but for him it was of course not a great thing and for me bit of stressing. It wasn;t enough to call for the doctor(according to Jan) and as he had an appointment with his internist last Thursday, it was a good opportunity to talk about it. He did so and his doctor is a little bit puzzled by it, cannot pinpoint exactly what is causing these kind of cramps. She wants him to have another CT scan next week and will study it and then the week after we will have a phonecall with may be some answers to it.

Then there was some trouble with the pharmacy. His internist did send by fax prescription for Jan's medicins and as they were delivered I checked of course and missed 3 things. So I called the pharmacy askeing why that was the case. Seems(but I am noot really sure) that they didnt receive prescriptions for the missing things. It is not a big problem, they will give them anyway, because Jan uses them already for a long time, but now I will have to call with the internist assistant tomorrow to ask what happened. It makes it all more complicated than it should have. Normally all works well with our pharmacy, and they are really friendly and helpful. So for me it is a little mysterie and hopefully solved y a phonecall. I hate it when things cannot just go smoothly and without fits and starts.

But rest of the week Jan felt already much better, now only next thing will be to let him sleep better. It would be nice if he could sleep at night, if only for 5 hours at a row, you know. And he doesn't want to take a medication for it. I can understand, he already has a batch to take and a lot of sleep medicins can work a bit addictive when you take them for a too long time.  

In between all this he did occupy himself with the seedlings, they grow rather well, and love to feel the sun on their little heads, only we have to take them inside during the night. It is just a bit too cold for them(and they are only small, poor little things). 

We even did have a visit this week(it is difficult you know, with the lockdown), from Jan's brother Rob. As we have some space, it was not difficult to keep distance a bit and it was nice to see and talk to him.

Oh yes, you will be smiling, but Jan and I still have very old mobile phones(as we hardly use them) but we will have to change them, because they aren't suited for 3/4/5G and the 2G is disappearing in a couple of months. So soon I will have to get me another phone(I want a smartphone, but not a really expensive one and I want one of my own and only have a subscription with the phone company for the calling and texting in it with a SIM card as I have now to. As we talked about it with Jan's brother he said he had an older smartphone, but still working okay for Jan with the charger too and we could have that from him. Isn;t that nice? Jan almost doesn;t uses his phone, so I think this one will be anough for him and so now only I will have to find me a nice phone. We really don;t use them a lot, so there is no cause to buy a really expensive one or take a subscription with phone in it. This could be my project for next week or the week after. 

This weekend was the house move of my friend Heidi. I will leave them in peace for the next few days, they will have enough to do, so I did send them a little card to wish them luck in their new house. 

Oh, I saw something astonishing on tv and it brough a big smile to my face too. It was a little video/newsitem about a man and his caring for birds.Perhaps you already saw it, but it still stays unbelievable and fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rOyFJhWWJ0

And with this happy video I will finish my post today, wishing you all a wonderful week and remember: stay safe!

 


1 comment:

Edna B said...

Oh my, I loved that video!!! Wow, imagine feeding all those birds every day. What a wonderful man he is to do this. I'm so sorry to hear that Jan is still having problems with his stomach. Hopefully, the doctor will be able to figure out what the problem is. We've had a few nice days here too but now temps are cooling off again. As soon as it's warm enough to sit out on the porch, it gets cooler. Ah well, at least I do get some time out there. Now I'm off to try to catch up on some blogs. I hope you get some warm temps this week. Be safe my friend, love and hugs, Edna B.