Sunday, March 28, 2021

How a bit of kindness is returned.

 Goodafternoon everybody!

Our weather isn;t bad, and isn't good, some days we had a bit of sunshine, also cloudy periods, temperature not too bad, but with a wind turning like mad all the time, every day can be different. But....... it seems next week we will have at least 3 days with really high temperatures for this time of year, it could rise to 17 and even 20C! It will last not really long, because end of the week the wind seems to turn again and will come from the Northm which always brings lower temperatures. Never mind, let's already enjoy those few days of real Spring time and be happy with it.

Again we had a rather quiet week, it all will stay still quiet with the lockdown. Although you now can call shops and book 10minutes or 20 minutes of shopping tim, or you can call for a certain item and pick that up at a certain time.. In that way the shops will not be crowded etc. Nice idea, perhaps but for me and for a lot of people it doesn;t work. It all depends on getting the vaccination on real speed, that's the best way to be able to open up slowly and return to more normal life.

This week at our neighbours there was some work done on the front of the house, and as I was curious(yeah, something was happening.....!) I asked the worker( he was a one - man company) what exactly he would be busy with. Seems that some of the brickwork needed to be repaired etc. Well, that was interesting to know, becaue at the side of our building/appartements there is a small crack too that one day needs to be repaired and so I asked the man if he had perhaps a little business card so I could contact him perhaps later this year. he had one, I got it, and during the week when I saw him we greeted eachother etc. One day he ringed at the door and asked for a bit of water. You should think that one of the owners of the appartments was home to give him opportunity for some current for his tools and give him some water for making some cement etc. He did ring there but was told he came too early and should come back an hour later. Well, sorry, I find it very unpolite, the more as it was known surely he came for the work, Good, he could tap a bucket water in our kitchen, he was happy to be able to continue the job. Day after I went out to do some grocerie shopping and saw in his van several sacs with fine sand. I wanted already for longer time some sand for mixing with soil(specially for sowing) and we have a few tiles on the terrace that need some lifting. But at the moment I cannot go to a DIY market, as they are closed, so I took my chance and asked the worker if I could have a small sac with some sand and said that of course I would pay him for it. No problem he said and no need to pay him for it. He was happy with me aloowing him to tap the water, and so on. When he finished the day's work he rang at the door with quite a big sac of sand. I was really happy with it(Jan already used some of it for sowing). So this long story telling only says, that with a bit of kindness always pays back and it doesnlt cost anything to greet someone, help someone out with a simpe thing or offer him a cup of coffee.

Some of the seeds Jan sow about 14 days ago are growing like mad already. I think they need repotting next week, which will be a good time with the warm days in it.

Oh, yesterday we had something delicious for dinner. Usually I don't cook on Saturdays, or only something real quick and easy(whoch can be at times some junkfood, hahaha)but I saw on tv a cooking program with a recipe that seemd rather easy to make. It was a deepfilled homety pie, with potatoe, onion, spinach and clotted cream. For some extra I added diced slices of bacon, but without it tastes delicious too, and of course you can make diffenrent variations. I'll give you the link to the recipe with the potatoe and spinach variant, I just reduced for us the quantities to make smaller pie. It really is rather easy and quickly made and it tasted yummie, and certainly will be made more often. Oh, if you cannot get clotted cream you can also take 2/3 of whipping cream and 1/3 of marscapone(that's what I used and works fine)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/deep-filled_homity_pie_48616

 I am curious if someone will try the recipe!

Yes, one thing of good news that came into our mailbox. I received tha papers of my accountant for the tax return, that he send to the tax office and gosh, it seems that we even might recive a little bit of money back. I never counted with that , I even had the idea I might have to pay extra, so this was really nice news. It aren't thousands of euros, but with that money we can buy our new curtains and who knows, may be something else we do need to replace.  

Good, this is about all, I wish you all a really wonderful week, and remember: still stay safe, not enough people are yet vaccinated! Thanks for the visit and till next week.

2 comments:

Edna B said...

I agree with you that kindness always comes back to us. I think it's great that Jan's seeds are sprouting already. Working in the garden will be good for him. I've missed puttering in my yard these past couple years. But I still get to enjoy listening to the birds and watching the small critters in the yard. I hope they get the vaccine for you folks. It will be nice to get things opened again. Now I'm off to have me a little nap. You have a wonderful week my friend, hugs and love, Edna B.

hummerdawn said...

Yes the weather I hear it going to be really up and down still. We are in the middle of severe winds, sleet and blowing snow. Yes, it's March and we know this is to happen. But it's so nice to get the really warm days! +19C yesterday then dropped like a brick just before the storm.
Here in my province of Manitoba in Canada we don't get to do any gardening till around May 24th when they think that it's safe. But we have had snow and severe frost in June!
I totally agree that kindness is always paid back to the giver in some form or another. It was very kind of you to assist that worker and you were rewarded.
Glad to hear you and Jan can putter around in the garden off and on. It is what keeps ones spirits up in these horrible times.
Hugs to both.