Sunday, March 21, 2021

A week in which almst nothing happened LOL.

 Goodmorning everybody!

Weather isn't great at the moment, rather coldish, but it is dry and sometimes there is some sunshine(I fear only today it will be cloudy). But.... there is some hope this coming week, temperatures should rise again to around 12-13C. Wow, that's already something.

We have about 3 or 4 smallers containers in the gatden in which we planted tulips and they somehow seem to feel okay in this weather, they grow like mad at the moment. May be in a week or two some of them could flower ? Would be nice to have some color on the patio. It was however not really nice to do something in the garden, just a bit to cold at moments, but perhaps next week we can do some more cleaning. In the meantime Jan tackled some seedpackets and now we have 3 small containers in the room, hoping some of the seeds will grow into Lupines, Cosmea and some sunflowers. We still have some more seedpackets(from seeds I took of our flowers last autumn), so Jan still has to do some work. I better like to saw the seeds first into little pots, let them grow and put them outside in something like May(some may be already somewhere inApril). 

This week I even found some energy from somewhere and did some smaller cleaning jobs etc. Okay, it wasn't too much, but better some than nothing, isn't it. hahaha>

Oh yes, Wednesday we went voting for the parliament. The voting place wasn;t too far, but for Jan it already was quite an effort, but he managed to walk to it and back home too, with some waiting in a cue additional. Now you can see he has no condition of what so ever, he really has to go out for short walks very soon to build up some condition again. I am not completely happy with the outcome of the voting, but it could have been worse. Now it is waiting for the cabinet/government to be formed. It will take a bit of time and lots of talking between several parties. I hope they will not take months for it, we have a crisis to deal with and after it a recovery of economy etc. 

We still have quite a severe lockdown and I fear it will stay at least till the end of the month. Shops can open on special way. You will have an appointment and then you can or pick up your stuff or go into the shop for about 15 minutes, something like that. I think this isn;t working at all, but we'll see how this devellopes. You cannot shut down shops much longer, it will be a disaster for a lot of them to survive any longer, even with the financial support of the government(although a lot of money has to be paid out from the relief funds). And you cannot go on with that relief funds for ever neither, in the end in some time it comes on all our heads somehow.

It is kind of sad, but I don;t have much more news to tell you, I am already glad, that at the moment our health is okay(specially Jan, that's always the more or less unstable factor you could say). let's just say, so far, so good and hope for a long period without trouble. 

Oh yes, on a brighter note this week Jan and I had our "memorial"day, no, nothing really special but 29 years ago we came together, so netx year, if all goes well, we could have a 30 year "celebration". Married we will only be for 14 years, that's in August. But can you imagine we already are together for that long????? It went by as if it is only about 10 or at the most 15 years. A lot of things happened in those years, a lot of good, some sad or stressing, but we survived. And that's quite an accomplishment, I dare to say.  Hopefully we will add quite some more years to it.

It's about time to make some coffe and then perhaps wake up Jan and have us a cup of coffe, may be watching the first new episode of this year of Gardener's World. It's always nice to watch it and it also gives you ideas for the garden to try out.So I wish you all a very nice week, stay safe and till next Sunday!

2 comments:

Edna B said...

Wow, twenty nine years! That's just awesome! Does Jan still have the walker? He could use that on longer walks. It might be a nice help. I find my walker is a blessing. I think it's great that Jan is already planting seeds. I don't garden much anymore, but I always used to love it.

Spring is finally here and hopefully, the warmer temps will be along soon. It will be so nice to be able to sit outside while we enjoy our cup of coffee. Meanwhile, enjoy your TV program. You have a wonderful week my friend, hugs, and love, Edna B.

hummerdawn said...

Congratulations of your anniversary! We had 41 years together when my hubby passed. It does go so quickly!! We are having super weather but I fear it will make April cold and miserable again. We shall see.
Things are opening up here more and more. I am now in the eligible age bracket (79) for the vaccination but I am so undecided as to what to do. I had a quad heart bypass 5 years ago and am scared because of that and my suppressed immune system. But I will ponder and keep seeing how it goes before deciding.
Sometimes a boring week is really good news. Because you don't have bad news! Lol.
Hugs to you and Jan. Stay safe and stay well.