Sunday, January 03, 2021

So a New Year has started again!

 Goodafternoon everybody!



I borrowed this from the net, but I thought we could do with a happy picture to wish you all  happy New Year and wishing you all a year with for all health, much love and laughter, and more or less returning to the life we knew, with metting with eachother at no distance, being able to hug now and then, and still caring about and looking after eachother. Seems a bit "heavy"but i mean it all from the bottom of my heart, that all of it will be able around half of this new year.

Jan and I had a quiet New Years Eve, nice and cosy, I even bought us a little bottle of sparkling :"wine"(no alcohol in it) to do a toast at midnight. It was something with raspberry taste, not really bad even. Oh well, it was just the idea. It wasn;t allowed to lighten fireworks at the streets, so it was real quiet at midnight. Of course there were a few people who did it anyway, but just a little bit.  There was a lightshow in Amsterdam, we only watched it for a few minutes, seems there was a drone show in Rotterdam, things like that to replace the fireworks. Nice, but it is not the same.

It was a quiet week, you know, I just went out once or twice, just to get us a few necessary groceries and for New Years Eve I made us puff pastry(already ready made) with Dutch shrimp ragout. The ragout I made myself, it is so much better than from a tin. And it is quickly made. It looked something like this


I had a just a bit of salad with it and it tasted real good. Later on in the evening we had of course the traditional oliebollen en appelflappen(apple turnovers). Those i didn;t make myself, I just bought a few and they tasted not too bad, I must say. 

This weekend we took it still easy, we tried to catch some sleep, specially Jan has trouble with sleeping at the moment, so not much to tell. Next week we will already start taking off some of the Christmas decorations, normally we do all after the 6th of January(holiday of the 3 Kings), but we better start already a bit earlier, to be ready this week with that. Next week already(if it all is still as agreed) we will have the new windows. But with the new lockdown going on, you never know. I couldn;t call the company, because they have a holiday till today, so we'll wait if we hear something of them tomorrow.

So this is it for now, we'll have to get into daily rythm again from tomorrow(LOL), and hopefully it will be a nice week, with no suprises(I am done for a while with surprises, mostly because the "surprises" aren;t often of the nice sort, hahaha).

We have some colder weather now, just about 2-4C at daytime, in the night around zero or with a tiny bit of frost may be, but it is dry and even some blue sky and sunshine. I was out yesterday for a moment and it wasn't too bad at all. And it was nice to catch some fresh air. I hope it will stay this kind of weather, at least I am not keen on snowfall, specially not now, with the placing of the windows next week. So let's cross fingers the temperature will even rise and it will not be raining(or even worse perhaps, snowing). Gosh, I used to love a bit of winter weather when I was much younger, although........ only when the snow had just fallen and all was still fairylike white. But we are allowed to change our minds during out life aren;t we ROLF.

Have a very lovely new week, and please stay safe!




3 comments:

Edna B said...

I love your Happy New Year image. It's so cheerful! I don't do seafood (only haddock, scallops and canned tuna) but those apple turnovers look oh so delicious! Pogo and I had a quiet evening, no fireworks.

I hope the mild weather holds until your new windows are in place. It's going to be so nice for you. Eddie installed my new "Ring" yesterday, and today I'm playing with it. Of course. It does not come with a book of instructions so it will take me a while to figure it all out.

Kyra, can you remind me what days are your birthday and Jan's birthday? I've misplaced my list. Boo Hoo. Thank you. Now I'm off to do some blog reading. You have a fantastic day my friend! Hugs, and love, Edna B.

hummerdawn said...

Happy New Year to you and Jan. I had a lovely Christmas and a quiet New Year. I haven't been celebrating New Year Eve for quite a while now. Our weather is on the very warm side but it has it's up and downs for sure. But I will take this nicer weather. We are still in "Essentials Only" lockdown and today the Grade 7 - 12 students start remote learning for an unknown period. We also are worried about the new worse virus that has started.
Without my computer and digital scrapbooking I would be very depressed!
Stay safe and take care.

Basima Bilgrami said...

Happy New Year Kyra. Hope you and yours are doing well :)
I will also write an email to you... I miss your awesome FTU kits and Arlene's matching clusters :(
I recently had a hard disk crash and lost all your beautiful kits I had been downloading for years :(
I came to your blog again to look for them and found a few... I went as far back as 2017. But some of the most gorgeous older ones are gone the links are invalid!
Do you have them somewhere to share again please?