Sunday, December 27, 2020

And suddenly Christmas is over again!

 Goodmorning everybody!

Today we have very fierce wind at times, there is some rain, not really weather to be out, although temperature is still not really bad. Later this week it will drop a few degrees and will not reach more than around 4 C, with hee and there some rain.

Last week was in fact rather quiet, I just had to do some last groecerie shoppings, did that Monday and some on Tuesday and all was ready for Christmas. Gosh that was a good feeling and now we could focus on Christmasday.

But first update on the eye: I think it is getting better and betrer, I just have sometimes a bit trouble to see sharp with my glasses, which is understandable. You know what? When I have to read something( and I have variofocus glasses) I can do that better without the glasses and with the left eye LOL! It will not help for reading a book at the moment, but it shows that till now the operation was okay.

I hope you all still had a wonderful Christmas.We had a lovely Christmasday, we woke up a bit later than usual(some good sleep is wonderful), and during the day I already prepared a bit for our dinner, which was a very old-fashioned but tasty fondue. All kind of meat in small dices, with some sauces, some french bread with garlic butter, something like this:


And as appetizer we had a small prawn coctail, oh so ymmie too and desert a small tiramisu. 

Before dinner however we unwrapped our presents and we had such fun and a big smile on our face, there were all kind of things, from practical to just nice and also funny. I am grateful to Santa Claus, who did a wonderful job to make our day a bit more special! The best part of all the presents was the feeling that somebody did think of us, made effort to find us some lovely presents, it is that friendship that made our hearts feel warm.

Now suddenly Christmas is over and we are heading to the end of the year, which is still a very strange and different year compared to other ones. Let's hope next year will be much happier and much more safe again, although it will take still at least several months in which we have to hold on to safety measures, I am sure of that. But there is hope at the end of the tunnel, and as long as we have that, we human beings can do a lot!

Just a few days more and we will be in the year 2021. I already want to wish you all a wonderful NewYear's Eve and good start of the year 2021, and that we all in due course can be around our loved ones in the way we were used to. Laugh together, hug eachother, go out again to have a drink, etc.etc.etc.

Stay safe, and we will meet here again next year!

3 comments:

hummerdawn said...

Merry Christmas to you and Jan. So happy to hear you had a wonderful Christmas. We did also and I got a new heating blanket. I am so happy as I am always cold!! Lol.
If I don't get to say it before I want to wish you and Jan the happiest, healthiest New Year ever! Yes, we will get thru this one way or another.
Hugs.

Edna B said...

The food looks delicious! I am so glad you had a good day. Santa Claus was very good to me and Pogo too. Today we had another big dinner. Deanne sent us over a plateful of yummy food. Pogo saw the steak and couldn't wait to get his share.
What wonderful news about your eye. Think how great it will be after the other eye is done too.

Here's hoping the new vaccines do their job and we can beat this virus in the next few months. It would be nice. Pogo and I will be watching the ball drop on TV on New Years Eve. We're wishing you and Jan a most wonderful 2021. Love and big hugs, Edna B.

Grandma Sarge said...

Wow! I didn't realize that I had been absent from "class" for 3 weeks! I've had Bronchitis (my idea of what's wrong). It started as a little cold and runny nose. Nothing to worry about.. Then it got worse and the coughing got really bad a couple of times but that wasn't anything to really get up set about, at least not until the river started running from the Sinuses. I believe I've been thru 2 boxes of tissues and half a bag of cough drops (my choice is Ricola (cause they taste not too bad. I asked my Case Nurse about this stuff and she asked some questions and then told me that I answered 3 of them with a yes answer and that means I had to get another COVID test. That scared me a little until I realized that I've been very good about the special measures when you leave the safety of your house. And I've only been out of the house only twice now this month. Both times were doctor appts. The test came back as Negative again as it had for the first time. The whole thing is getting better I think.
I had a good Christmas with my 2 girls that live here in the same city. Dani's 2 boys don't leave the house except in emergencies and Bob to go to work. So they missed out on a lovely dinner. The only thing different from what I had planned was the Ham. When Denise ordered it to be delivered she said Honey, maple backed and already sliced. What was delivered was Deli slices but I almost canceled the whole deal. I wasn't going to serve ham sandwiches for Christmas Dinner. She lucked out because her sister showed up and said she was doing the cooking and to keep me and my runny nose out of the kitchen. It didn't turn out too bad. She heated the ham up and even as a big slice it tasted pretty good. Then we opened up our presents and enjoyed our company until Dani had to go back and serve her own boys.
I'm still taking medicine all over the place and cough drops. But it is getting slower and the coughing isn't near as bad.
Tell Jan that COPD is what they call anything to do with the lungs that doesn't fit any of their definitions in their books. In other words they don't know what it is. I was treating COPD since 2002. Then in 2017 they did some real heavy testing and saw some dark spots on one lung and came to the conclusion it was asbestos from the WWII barracks I lived in when I was in the Navy in the 60s. Then they figured that was the cause of the lung problem and it was treated as such. It got me a disability from the VA and a sizeable disability check to live on. Funny part is they classified the disability to the thickening of the muscles on the heart as the main reason.
Have a Happy New Year and stay safe. I'm collecting face masks and a face shield. Now if I could find a pair of "scrubs" I'd fit right in at the hospital. ROFL... Happy New Year!!