Sunday, December 20, 2020

Soon it will be Christmas!

 Goodafternoon everybody!

We have mild weather, here and there a ray of sunshine, temperature around 10C, it will go down a few degrees at the end of the week.

How was the cataract operation? Well, it was not really a big deal, lookking back on it LOL. Of course I was nervous last Friday morning, we were at time at the hospital, and Jan could wait in the hospital for me(normally at the moment with the covid restrictions they do;t allow). And the actual operation took about 15 minutes? I didn;t see a lot, the other eye was covered and the left eye didnt see a lot either, only a very bright light. I didn;t feel much, and we could go home again at around 10 in the morning already. How is the eye now? It is kind of difficult to say, because the left side of my glasses isn;t right for the eye. But I tried some things out and I think it has helped a lot. So we'll see after a few days, and later when I have the control appointment and hopefully then I will be able to get myself a new pair of glasses, yippee. And we'll see after that what to do about the other eye. First things first, now we can look forward to Christmas.

It is just in a few days, not even a week anymore, can you imagine how fast time still goes at some moments? I have done last week already a lot of the grocerie shopping for Christmas, and that was a good idea I believe. Next week there are just a few things to shop for in the supermarket.

I will not make a long post, I notice my eyes get tired when I sit too long at the computer at the moment. That will get better too in a few days, but let's not overdo it now. 

With a picture borrowed from the net I want to wish everybody a Merry Christmas, in safety and good health. It will be a bit different kind of Christmas this year, as we have to be careful and not gather with loved ones and friends, but in spirit and our hearts we can be together. Let's look forward and hope with all our hearts that next year Christmas we can gather and hug and do all as we have done before with Christmas. So once again Merry Christmas to all of you, make the best of it and we'll meet again next Sunday!

P.S. Be kind to all animals, don't forget them either in these harsh times!


2 comments:

Edna B said...

I am so glad that your cataract removal is over and done with. You will see much better now. I love that picture of Santa and the animals. I love the animals and so does Santa.

I have my Portal so I can watch everyone opening their gifts at Deanne's house on Christmas Day. It's all good. Pogo and I enjoy the day, then have us a nap after lunch.

I hope you and Jan have a wonderful Christmas Day. Pogo and I will be thinking of you and wishing you joy and happiness. Much love and hugs, Edna B.

hummerdawn said...

So happy to hear the eye operation went well. I wear glasses too so I know what it must feel like to have the vision corrected. Well, when those new glasses come!!

We are under a snow storm warning for tomorrow. Could get up to 25cm snow! But I wanted snow for Christmas so I guess I am getting it. A bit too much though. Lol.

I wish you and Jan a very Merry Christmas. Enjoy even though it's not like we would want. Take care and talk later.